The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by treasure11
Anyone received an interview from Nottingham yet?

Interview invites started going out on 30/11/17
anyone rejected from Newcastle or Keele?
[QUOTE)..

Just remember no answer is better than rejection. Your ukcat is very high and good for Newcastle, Southampton haven't started to send invites as far as I'm aware and Bristol could still be scoring your statement.

Just don't worry, they have until March to give you an invite so you still got a while.

Also why won't they predict A*
Original post by Actuvia
Just remember no answer is better than rejection. Your ukcat is very high and good for Newcastle, Southampton haven't started to send invites as far as I'm aware and Bristol could still be scoring your statement.

Just don't worry, they have until March to give you an invite so you still got a while.

Also why won't they predict A*

Thank you so much! And they’re very cautious that if they predict A*’s which are historically a lot harder to get people apply for Uni’s like out of their league, so as a general rule they won’t predict them, unless if you’re applying for Oxbridge, which I guess makes sense:smile::smile:

Yes, I got one a few days ago
[QUOTE[../QUOTE]

Looks like you have good GCSE’s and an amazing UKCAT. I definitely wouldn’t worry!
Original post by elliefay321
Yes, I got one a few days ago

Ohh I'm waiting on one, what are your stats if you dont mind me asking like your UKCAT and gcse's??
Original post by Annabel33
Ohh I'm waiting on one, what are your stats if you dont mind me asking like your UKCAT and gcse's??

Ah! Good luck!!

My GCSE’s are: 8A*s and 4As
UKCAT: 2770 (692.5 average)
☺️☺️
Reply 408
Original post by Actuvia
Interview invites started going out on 30/11/17

Hi 👋 do you have any problems with any think 💭.
[QUOTE[../QUOTE]

You should be getting interviews from Southampton and Newcastle with such a strong UKCAT score. As far as I know Southampton have not sent invites but Newcastle may have (I'm not 100% sure though). Try finding the thread for Newcastle applicants 2018 and see the stats of the people who got interviews but 745 is an amazing score so you should almost certainly be getting 2 interviews since that's what Newcastle and Southampton put heavy emphasis on

Idk about Bristol because it's 50% personal statement which is really subjective but they do look at GCSEs and UKCAT to a certain extent so if you have a good personal statement then they may invite you too. They send theirs out on a rolling basis till February I think so don't worry about not receiving invites from them get.
Anyone got an offer yet? TSR sub-titled this thread "Medicine Offers are Rolling in.." or something
Reply 411
Yea does anyone have an actual offer?
Original post by mosam00

I think it might be a little too soon for offers as most med schools, if not all, have not finished all their interviews.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mosam00

Plymouth will hand out offers in 2 weeks
Reply 414

Yeah, I’ve got my interview on Monday :smile: GCSEs 8A* 2A 1B, UKCAT 3050 SJT band 1. 53/56 on Nottingham academic scoring.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes I received one on Tuesday,

GCSEs - 6A*s 5As
UKCAT - 2950 (737.5 Average)
Original post by LRxS
Yeah, I’ve got my interview on Monday :smile: GCSEs 8A* 2A 1B, UKCAT 3050 SJT band 1. 53/56 on Nottingham academic scoring.

How do you know how many points your PS is?
Has anyone been to any courses for interview prep and found them useful at all? I heard of one called Conquer Medicine and they're doing one in Leeds which is near me and I was wondering if anyone's been before?
Reply 418
Original post by warmmuffin
How do you know how many points your PS is?

I don’t - but I have 16/16 for GCSE, 37/40 UKCAT, ?/16 for PS.
Original post by LRxS
I don’t - but I have 16/16 for GCSE, 37/40 UKCAT, ?/16 for PS.

Ahhh I see thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending