The Student Room Group

Terrible bmat .. UCL 2018 entry.. Please help

Hey guys,

I did absolutely terrible on the bmat: 3.4 4 3A

I know it’s awful but is there even a 1% chance of an interview at ucl if my other stats are: 10A* 1A, predicted A*A*A at a level and have a good personal statement and reference. :frown:

I don’t understand why I did so bad when I was getting 5s/6s in past papers :/
I know nothing can change it now but just want to know if I still even have the slightest chance of an interview, the averages dropped from last year.

Scroll to see replies

I can't really help regarding your chances but I am in the same boat (I got 4.1, 3.5 and 2.5A after getting 5s/6s on the past papers as well).
The averages are a little higher than our scores but hopefully they liked our PS and we'll get an interview :smile:
Original post by futuredoctorz
I can't really help regarding your chances but I am in the same boat (I got 4.1, 3.5 and 2.5A after getting 5s/6s on the past papers as well).
The averages are a little higher than our scores but hopefully they liked our PS and we'll get an interview :smile:

Original post by rvertez1038
Hey guys,

I did absolutely terrible on the bmat: 3.4 4 3A

I know it’s awful but is there even a 1% chance of an interview at ucl if my other stats are: 10A* 1A, predicted A*A*A at a level and have a good personal statement and reference. :frown:

I don’t understand why I did so bad when I was getting 5s/6s in past papers :/
I know nothing can change it now but just want to know if I still even have the slightest chance of an interview, the averages dropped from last year.

Guys! I feel you both. For some reason i ended up with a 4.5 in section two and i had been getting 6s at practice. What made it worse is i thought i had done better in section two that one and then i ended up doing worse! I think its not worth worrying over, there is always a chance to re-apply. The BMAT is really tricky and its just how its goes on the day.
Same boat as you got 3.6, 4.2 and 3A :frown: how lenient are ucl like whats the lowest bmat score youve heard thats gotten into ucl :frown:
im just hoping atleast theyll give me a chance and let me have an interview :frown:
Worse still for me, 3.1, 2.9 and 5A

What was I thinking? And I only applied to BMAT unis. Fml
Original post by Momina Hussain
Worse still for me, 3.1, 2.9 and 5A

What was I thinking? And I only applied to BMAT unis. Fml

Got 4.1, 3.5 and 2.5A and applied only to BMAT unis as well! I feel you!
Reply 6
I got 4.4,4.2,3.5A which is okay but my gcses aren't amazing (4A* 5A 2B and B Addmaths). How much do ucl look at gcses . a level predictions are A*A*A* and A in epq.
I got 4.4, 3.5, 3A in BMAT. I'm really depressed as Ive already got rejected from Oxford with GCSE 15A* A(additional maths) PASS(algebra level 3) and A*AA predictions. My UKCAT was also terrible- 607.5 Bnd 2. Please don't judge me by my GCSEs I'm not that kinda guy.Just praying to God that UCL give me a chance.
Reply 8
do you guys know how much ucl look at GCSEs for medicine.
Original post by k.g.
do you guys know how much ucl look at GCSEs for medicine.

theyre holistic so if its not the strongest, then theyll look at the rest and hope its strong enough to compensate but im not entirely sure
I applied last year with 5.2 5.7 and 3.5A in my BMAT and got rejected pre interview. If the rest of your application is strong, you still have a good shot at getting an interview.
Reply 11
Original post by NiceB8M8
I applied last year with 5.2 5.7 and 3.5A in my BMAT and got rejected pre interview. If the rest of your application is strong, you still have a good shot at getting an interview.

Why do you think you were rejected?
Reply 12
I saw some info about ucl were ppl got in with averages of high 3s to low 4s. How would the rest of their stats look?
Also bear in mind that there will be many more people with average of 4s this year since the average was lower.
Any chance for an international app with 6.1 6.5 and 2A? The 2 is quite worrying I feel
Original post by heyoguys
Any chance for an international app with 6.1 6.5 and 2A? The 2 is quite worrying I feel

Your other sections are really good though! I think you definitely have a chance!
Reply 15
anyone heard anything from any unos they've applied to ???
Original post by k.g.
anyone heard anything from any unos they've applied to ???

ReJection from Cambridge and Imperial, nothing from UCL yet :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by futuredoctorz
ReJection from Cambridge and Imperial, nothing from UCL yet :smile:

i haven't heard back from imperial and ucl yet but have got my 5th choice neuroscience at kings at least. what were the other choices you applied for?
Original post by k.g.
i haven't heard back from imperial and ucl yet but have got my 5th choice neuroscience at kings at least. what were the other choices you applied for?

Exercise and Sports Medicine at UCL
Original post by chelseafc141
I got 3.1 4.7 4A.
S1 destroyed me.

To which unis did you apply and where did you get an interview? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending