The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Best accommodation at Bournemouth uni

Hellooo..

I plan on going to Bournemouth uni in September and am so confused about what accommodation to go for when it comes to it..
I hear cranbourne is the best for people wanting to go out but literally have no idea about the others!! Also interested in Dorchester?

HELPPPP PLEASE! xxxxxx
Reply 1
Anyone except Corfe House as that is out the way. You kind of have to be clever about it though, seeing as I think most people will apply for Dorchester seeing as it has recently been renevated and there is more chance of you being left with unilet
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
I've applied for Cranbourne :smile: my friend stayed there a few years ago and absolutely loved it, plus it's all been refurbed and looks really nice now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
ive applied for Cranbourne aswell, i had to chose between homestay and staying at Cranbourne. I think its a good choice
Reply 4
hello how does one apply for the homestay? i hear its the cheapest
Original post by simipam
hello how does one apply for the homestay? i hear its the cheapest

Hi Simipam

My name is Amy and I am student ambassador for Bournemouth uni. I am also a third year student.

If you are still looking to apply for homestay I would suggest calling askBU, as theycan help.

askBU:
01202 961916

If you wanted to know more about the other types of accomodation I am more than happy to help (I stayed in the student village in my first year)

Amy
I've got an offer for next September and I'm thinking of staying in Cranbourne. Does anybody know the difference between the Value, Standard and Premium rooms?
Many Thanks.
Original post by JamesRoper
I've got an offer for next September and I'm thinking of staying in Cranbourne. Does anybody know the difference between the Value, Standard and Premium rooms?
Many Thanks.

Hi JamesRoper!

My name is Patricia and I'm a final year Law student at Bournemouth Uni and also a Student Ambassador for the Uni on TheStudentRoom.

Cranborne is a really good place to stay, its newly refurbished and so everything is all nice (although most of the accomodation is nice anyway).

So what's the difference between Value, Standard and Premium? Well, in my opinion, not much. The beds in the Value are a small single bed and there is less floor space, whereas the Premium has six-foot beds with a bit more floor space to manoeuvre and the Standards is a single bed and adequate floor space. There is a price difference which you can check on this page but they all have ensuite bathrooms and still share the same kitchen. So in your cluster flat, some people may have the premium, standard or valuie rooms.

Hope this makes sense, feel free to private message me if not

Patricia :biggrin: !
Reply 8
Hi I hope you have found a place, however if you are still not settled I take in foreign students or any students for that matter, I have a LARGE double/triple room in a very central location 10 mins walk to town centre and a little further for beaches, bus stops right outside the house which is a large Victorian. If you or anyone else is interested please call me on 07734444694RegardsSharon
Reply 9
I'm currently a fresher staying at Dorchester House, if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 10
Starting in September 2018. Does any know of child nurse students stay on campus or in accommodation closer to their placement hospital. As closest is Poole?
Original post by ChloeW2
Starting in September 2018. Does any know of child nurse students stay on campus or in accommodation closer to their placement hospital. As closest is Poole?

I believe there’s accommodation specifically for you lot. Don’t quote me on that though
Hi There,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. Just wanted to let you know about Mercury House Student Accommodation, we only opened a year ago and offer stylish and modern self-contained studios with en-suite bathrooms and kitchenette. We're right in the heart of Bournemouth Town Centre the accommodation has a great atmosphere Getting to university couldn’t be easier, it’s a easy 15 minute bus ride with the bus stop directly outside Mercury House. Studios are suitable for individuals or couples though please be aware all residents must be students.

Rent is inclusive of all bills, wifi, on site staff and contents insurance. Plus we also have a great social space with study area and plenty of social events throughout the year.

Take a look at our website or Facebook page for more info - http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/loca...mercury-house/

If you would like any further information or to arrange a viewing let us know.

Thanks,
Sotiria @ Mercury House
Original post by ChloeW2

Hello, I'm a student ambassador for Bournemouth University and hope that I can provide you with some answers to this.

If you are studying on our Health and social care course including 'Child and young people Nursing' you have the option to stay in hospital accommodation at your placement location or the choice of halls and other accommodation provided by letting services.

However, your shift patterns when on placement will fluctuate to give you the experience of a full 24- hour shift pattern including weekend and night shifts. For that reason we do recommend living closer to your placement. And additional financial support can be made available to accommodate for traveling costs.

You can find out more about the specific accommodation for nurses here: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/why-bu/accommodation/health-social-science-student-accommodation

-Dom
I haven't applied yet, but I've had a look at the accommodations. From what i've seen Cranborne and Purbeck look good. A few of the other look pretty good too, but I just didn't want to list loads...
Some of us might live together huh.
Original post by louis.h21
I haven't applied yet, but I've had a look at the accommodations. From what i've seen Cranborne and Purbeck look good. A few of the other look pretty good too, but I just didn't want to list loads...
Some of us might live together huh.

Hi, Im glad that you like the look of the accommodation. I remember when myself and some friends wee trying to decide what halls to live in, we found going to a Uni open day was really useful. They provide tours of most of the accommodation on the day so you can really get a feel of what it would be like to live there and the different size bedrooms available.

One feature they have recently released are virtual tours. Have you had a look at these? Also, do you live close by? If so try and have a look at them in person. I know it really helped me make my decision.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding accommodation or just the uni in general.

Here's a link to the virtual tours:
https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/sites/all/themes/bournemouth/virtual-bu/

-Dom K
Original post by Dumbblondexo
Hellooo..

I plan on going to Bournemouth uni in September and am so confused about what accommodation to go for when it comes to it..
I hear cranbourne is the best for people wanting to go out but literally have no idea about the others!! Also interested in Dorchester?

HELPPPP PLEASE! xxxxxx

Hey there!
Im a Student Ambassador at Bournemouth University I am currently in first year and staying in Halls.

I currently stay in Dorchester House and it is a lovely place to stay. The accommodation staff are friendly and the rooms are all en suite with double beds.

Dorchester house is located directly opposite the station and Asda, so you can do your weekly shopping, there is also a gym just a short walk away.

The only Cons with these accommodation is that it is just a little bit further away from the other accommodation such as Purbeck, Chesil house and Cranbourne and these are much closer to town for nights out and so if your friends live in other accommodation and you live in Dorchester house, make sure you find a friend to walk back with as taking a taxi back can be quite costly with the running meters!

Cranbourne is also a nice accommodation, as it has just been refurbished. Compared to Dorchester House there are a lot more rooms but this means they are much smaller and don't have a double bed, depending on what standard you get. Its close to other accommodations and close to town and the bus stop is literally located just outside if you want to go to Talbot campus.

Quick Reply

Latest