The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmlf98
Which universities are you applying to in Hong Kong? HKU

What course(s) are you applying for? Bachelor of Dental Surgery

What are your predicted grades/achieved grades and in which subjects? Biology-A* Chemistry-A* Mathematics-A Physics-A

Why are you applying to universities in Hong Kong? I love dimsum hahahah (just kidding)

Other university choices in other countries? Ireland, Australia.

How's your application going? Any updates? I am applying HKU BDS also.
Hello,

Did anyone apply to HKUST's dual degree program of Technology and Management?
Reply 22
Hi guys! I'm applying to HKU, HKUST, CITYU, and CUHK. My chosen course is in the business field.

Since some of you may have applied to CUHK, I'm leaving my question here. Please help me! :frown:

I'm confused with the study status options shown on CUHK application page. study status.JPG

I transferred to different schools twice, so I don't know which option I should choose. I first studied in a local traditional school for 2 years (grades 8-10 ), and transferred to an international school in Grade 11 (I took AS Level) and transferred again to another school for BTEC (Grade 12).

What's the difference between final and graduated year? what does non-final mean? There is no transfer option, so what should I choose?

Thanks, guys. It would mean a lot to me if you guys could help!
Mbbs just came out anyone knows what their mmi is like?
Reply 24
I've applied to HKU, HKUST, and CUHK for business.

I received an email from HKUST Business School to do a 5 minute video interview. I was wondering if anyone who received the email had done this already or has experience in the past. I'm wondering what types of questions are asked as I don't have any information about the 5 minute interview.
I have been invited for an interview for HKU on 16th December (New Delhi- India) . It's probably going to be a group discussion. Anybody who has any idea about this?
Original post by schoi84

I received an email from HKUST Business School to do a 5 minute video interview. I was wondering if anyone who received the email had done this already or has experience in the past. I'm wondering what types of questions are asked as I don't have any information about the 5 minute interview.

I recieved an email from them too. By when do you have to submit the interview and did you apply to the double degree course of technology and management?
Original post by An_Indian_Girl
I have been invited for an interview for HKU on 16th December (New Delhi- India) . It's probably going to be a group discussion. Anybody who has any idea about this?

I have applied to HKU too but I didnt recieve any response from them yet. I applied for engineering and business courses.
Original post by schoi84

My video was due on December 3rd. It was really quick- you go through a process to set up and do video and mic checks, then you get unlimited opportunities to do practice questions. I got a few questions about business and a few personal ones.
Original post by mayank.2592
I have applied to HKU too but I didnt recieve any response from them yet. I applied for engineering and business courses.

I have applied for engineering.
It is mentioned that only a few shortlisted students are interviewed.
would like to know too
hows mmi gonna be like
Original post by lizjkl123
My video was due on December 3rd. It was really quick- you go through a process to set up and do video and mic checks, then you get unlimited opportunities to do practice questions. I got a few questions about business and a few personal ones.

Is it recorded during preparation time?
Is it recorded during preparation time?

If you're referring to the 30sec preparation time, I'm not sure, but as long as you're just sitting I don't think it should be much of a problem whether it's recorded or not.
If you're referring to the 30sec preparation time, I'm not sure, but as long as you're just sitting I don't think it should be much of a problem whether it's recorded or not.

I checked a website about Kira talent. It said that the preparation time is for yourself to see on how you present yourself which is why the webcam is on. The recording starts after.

Which other courses have you applied for?

Are you frm India?
Cuz interviews in India are only in a few states
Reply 37

Thanks for the info! I heard from a friend that the questions are similar to TOEFL Speaking questions. How was the difficulty of the questions?
Reply 38
I recieved an email from them too. By when do you have to submit the interview and did you apply to the double degree course of technology and management?

I have to submit the video by the 14th. And no, I applied to Global Business and Management. This interview is required for everyone who applied, right?
Guys just wanted to give everyone updates, I attended a webinar that HKUST did and they said that early applicant offers will come late December, if not, then you'll automatically go into the main round applicants to be considered then, hope this helps :smile:.

Latest