The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Uni of Liverpool advice!!

I love the uni - went to an open day on Saturday - but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what student life is like? I want to apply for Law and although I’ve heard that it doesn’t rank particularly high against unis like Exeter, I am looking for reassurance that this doesn’t mean there is no chance of me getting a good job!! Also tell me anything at all about the uni that you think could be beneficial!! Thank you!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lornaf11
I love the uni - went to an open day on Saturday - but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what student life is like? I want to apply for Law and although I’ve heard that it doesn’t rank particularly high against unis like Exeter, I am looking for reassurance that this doesn’t mean there is no chance of me getting a good job!! Also tell me anything at all about the uni that you think could be beneficial!! Thank you!!

Student life is fantastic here in Liverpool. I'm currently at Liverpool University and theres something going on every night whether its in town (different club nights) or the guild (student union) and plenty more things! The accommodation and all very modern! Rankings do not mean much. Its all subjective and different people have different opinions. Liverpool uni is very well respected and you will get a good job studying law here! anymore q's just PM me x
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by NKSSSSS09
Student life is fantastic here in Liverpool. I'm currently at Liverpool University and theres something going on every night whether its in town (different club nights) or the guild (student union) and plenty more things! The accommodation and all very modern! Rankings do not mean much. Its all subjective and different people have different opinions. Liverpool uni is very well respected and you will get a good job studying law here! anymore q's just PM me x

Thank you so much for this! What’s student life like in the daytime? Is there much to do around the city? And would you say the students are a mix from all over the country and world? Thank you
Thank you so much for this! What’s student life like in the daytime? Is there much to do around the city? And would you say the students are a mix from all over the country and world? Thank you

No problem at all! During the day theres plenty to do, theres Liverpool one which is a very big shopping destination in town which is a short walk from the various accommodation on campus or a bus ride from carnatic/greenbank halls of residences off campus. Also to add there are loads of lovely independent restaurants in town from bold street which has some amazing Indian/Chinese/English.. etc places to eat to the outskirts of town on Smithdown road/ Allerton road/ Lark lane.. my current goal is to try every place to eat in Liverpool by the time I graduate in 4 years :smile: ! Also we have the world famous Albert Docks, which is Liverpools scenic waterfront which has bars and also many museums. There is also a lovely beach called Crosby Beach which isn't too far out of the city centre, just hop on a train from lime street station to southport and you're there! Liverpool is also in an ideal location with a 35 min train ride to Manchester, about an hour and a bit train to Blackpool and around 2h 30 min train to London!

Hope this gives a small insight on the city! theres plenty more to do! You'll be very busy during the day!
Reply 4
No problem at all! During the day theres plenty to do, theres Liverpool one which is a very big shopping destination in town which is a short walk from the various accommodation on campus or a bus ride from carnatic/greenbank halls of residences off campus. Also to add there are loads of lovely independent restaurants in town from bold street which has some amazing Indian/Chinese/English.. etc places to eat to the outskirts of town on Smithdown road/ Allerton road/ Lark lane.. my current goal is to try every place to eat in Liverpool by the time I graduate in 4 years :smile: ! Also we have the world famous Albert Docks, which is Liverpools scenic waterfront which has bars and also many museums. There is also a lovely beach called Crosby Beach which isn't too far out of the city centre, just hop on a train from lime street station to southport and you're there! Liverpool is also in an ideal location with a 35 min train ride to Manchester, about an hour and a bit train to Blackpool and around 2h 30 min train to London!

Hope this gives a small insight on the city! theres plenty more to do! You'll be very busy during the day!

Thank you for this! What about the people? At the uni is there a mix from all over the country and the world?
Thank you for this! What about the people? At the uni is there a mix from all over the country and the world?

Theres so many different people from all over the world. Liverpool have a university in china called XJTLU where many Chinese students participate in exchanges from there to here and vice versa! There are also many students from Canada, USA, and loads of students come from the UAE to study here. And also there are many other exchange students from other universities across the world studying a semester or a year abroad!!
Reply 6
Theres so many different people from all over the world. Liverpool have a university in china called XJTLU where many Chinese students participate in exchanges from there to here and vice versa! There are also many students from Canada, USA, and loads of students come from the UAE to study here. And also there are many other exchange students from other universities across the world studying a semester or a year abroad!!

Wow that’s so good!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Thank you
Reply 8

Hi, I'm thinking of studying mathematics in September 2018. Do you know anyone that does it and enjoys it at the university of Liverpool? I have also applied to Manchester, Leeds and Lancaster but Liverpool seems fun and its near home. Even though it's lower ranked than all of those others I hope I'd still be able to get a good job ?
Original post by Rachelwf
Hi, I'm thinking of studying mathematics in September 2018. Do you know anyone that does it and enjoys it at the university of Liverpool? I have also applied to Manchester, Leeds and Lancaster but Liverpool seems fun and its near home. Even though it's lower ranked than all of those others I hope I'd still be able to get a good job ?

I'm not sure if I know anyone that studies maths unfortunately but I think the maths school is very good here! What grades are you expecting to get? And while rankings do matter, Liverpool uni is still ranked very highly with the other ones you are applying. It is Ranked 177th word wide! You will still be able to get a good job with your degree if you chose to come here! Manchester and Leeds are fantastic! I looked into Manchester but it was too much of a big city for me! Leeds was also perfect, but Liverpool felt right for me! Have you been to any open days?
I have already achieved A*AA and I only need ABB to get in and don't need an interview whereas with Manchester I need an A or A* in maths (I have an A* but it shows its more serious) and I will have to have an interview. I suppose I'll just decide once I know if I get in Manchester haha. I'm going to visit Liverpool this Wednesday though and I know I'll like the look of the place, I just want to make sure I get a good career afterwards I guess
I have already achieved A*AA and I only need ABB to get in and don't need an interview whereas with Manchester I need an A or A* in maths (I have an A* but it shows its more serious) and I will have to have an interview. I suppose I'll just decide once I know if I get in Manchester haha. I'm going to visit Liverpool this Wednesday though and I know I'll like the look of the place, I just want to make sure I get a good career afterwards I guess

Wow thats amazing! Go to the interview in Manchester and see how it is! Then visit Liverpool. Compare and see which is the best for you!
Thank you! I wish I knew what it was like to learn at the universities as you don't know that until you start properly, you only get a feel for the place so have to rely on reviews and things
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you! I wish I knew what it was like to learn at the universities as you don't know that until you start properly, you only get a feel for the place so have to rely on reviews and things

of course!! Its very difficult to judge! I mean Manchester and Liverpool will be similar teaching wise but obviously with different student life x
Do you think Liverpool will teach me as well as Manchester?

Yes! I think so. Otherwise Liverpool would not be in the Russell Group. It has some fantastic Law lecturers, many of which have been on the news talking about brexit and current issues!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTypBKEd8Y

have a look at their YouTube channel

I know someone who has graduated from liverpool with maths, hes on 34K at 25 with a 2:1 and no masters. Id say them unis wont make a huge difference to job prospects but lancaster would rank the lowest. Two lads i know in first year at Manchester hated maths there and one came back to Liverpool, where we’re from and is going to do maths next year. I’d definitely reccomend liverpool, best for a night out and very good uni. You’ll have a great career out of any of them unis, so just decide what feels best for you
Hey, I received conditional offer (AAB)from Uni of Liverpool for accounting and finance programme. Uni of Liverpool is generally known for its STEM and Law programmes but any idea how its AnF program is?
Original post by ehab2014
Hey, I received conditional offer (AAB)from Uni of Liverpool for accounting and finance programme. Uni of Liverpool is generally known for its STEM and Law programmes but any idea how its AnF program is?

I'm currently studying in the managment school and Liverpool has a fantastic one! You will be studying Accounting and finance within the Managment school. Liverpool have just built a new managment school in 2016 and it has made a massive positive impact. The managment school is getting better every year and is always over subscribed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending