The Student Room Group

MAP - Manchester Access Programme (2018)

Just a reminder that applications for the MAP open tomorrow,

The benefits for you (outlined): If you successfully complete the programme, there are three main benefits:

1.) You'll receive advice and guidance for your UCAS application and personal statement. If you decide to apply to The University of Manchester, you'll also receive an early decision on your application.

2.) Dependent upon household income, MAP students may also be eligible to receive a scholarship (I believe it's a £1000 per year,) to assist with their undergraduate studies should they choose The University of Manchester.

3.) MAP students are eligible to receive a reduced offer of up to two A-level grades (or equivalent) below the standard entry offer. For example, where the standard offer for a course is AAA, a MAP student will receive an offer of ABB. This reduction in grades is valid only upon successful completion of the MAP and reflects the work students undertake to complete the programme successfully.

More Information [including course entry requirements]: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/aspiring-students/map/
-------

Just a quick question any students who've taken MAP through route 1 (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) did you get a differential offer? + Are you currently studying at the UoM?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:bump:
Reply 2
I've completed MAP this year on the dentistry strand :smile:.

It's really worth doing with great rewards! Highly recommend doing it if you live near Manchester.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SyedHB
Just a reminder that applications for the MAP open tomorrow,

The benefits for you (outlined): If you successfully complete the programme, there are three main benefits:

1.) You'll receive advice and guidance for your UCAS application and personal statement. If you decide to apply to The University of Manchester, you'll also receive an early decision on your application.

2.) Dependent upon household income, MAP students may also be eligible to receive a scholarship (I believe it's a £1000 per year,) to assist with their undergraduate studies should they choose The University of Manchester.

3.) MAP students are eligible to receive a reduced offer of up to two A-level grades (or equivalent) below the standard entry offer. For example, where the standard offer for a course is AAA, a MAP student will receive an offer of ABB. This reduction in grades is valid only upon successful completion of the MAP and reflects the work students undertake to complete the programme successfully.

More Information [including course entry requirements]: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/aspiring-students/map/
-------

Just a quick question any students who've taken MAP through route 1 (Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy) did you get a differential offer? + Are you currently studying at the UoM?

I know a guy who did MAP 2 years ago and got an ABB offer. He ended up getting BBB and they still let him in!! He got so lucky lol
Reply 4
Original post by Nuttyy
I know a guy who did MAP 2 years ago and got an ABB offer. He ended up getting BBB and they still let him in!! He got so lucky lol

That's amazing, what course is he taking at uni?
Reply 5
Original post by SyedHB
That's amazing, what course is he taking at uni?

Dentistry lmao.. That's why I said he's lucky
Reply 6
I have completed the General strand, anybody with any q's, feel free to pm or reply :smile:
I meet all of the essential criteria but one- my parents have been to Uni. Am I still okay to apply? Someone said that apparently you only need three of them? I'm not sure, I'd love to because Manchester is where I desperately want to go
Reply 8
Original post by Skeletonclique21
I meet all of the essential criteria but one- my parents have been to Uni. Am I still okay to apply?

They are really strict on the essential criteria. However, your best bet is to call or email the MAP team:

tel: +44 (0)161 306 6505
email: [email protected]

Original post by Skeletonclique21
Someone said that apparently you only need three of them?

As far as I know, you must meet all essential criteria. They may have been referring to priority criteria, applicants who meet these criteria are given priority to.
hi i was just wondering if any one has had a reply back for decision manchester?
Reply 10
Original post by alevelsrhardd
hi i was just wondering if any one has had a reply back for decision manchester?

I got my decision back last Monday but I do have friends who haven’t heard back, they said max end of November so just give it 3-4 days, if your college deadline has passed I would call them up just to be sure. Hopefully it’ll come soon though and good luck 🤞🏼
Hopefully! Still haven't gotten an email yet :/
Original post by D4wod
I got my decision back last Monday but I do have friends who haven’t heard back, they said max end of November so just give it 3-4 days, if your college deadline has passed I would call them up just to be sure. Hopefully it’ll come soon though and good luck 🤞🏼

Hey, how did you get your decision back so soon. They sent me an email saying I will get it in February :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by Magnolia0
Hey, how did you get your decision back so soon. They sent me an email saying I will get it in February :s-smilie:

I thought they said end of December was the latest? You can’t get it in February because UCAS deadline is January 15th. I think you’re talking about actually signing onto MAP?
Original post by D4wod
I thought they said end of December was the latest? You can’t get it in February because UCAS deadline is January 15th. I think you’re talking about actually signing onto MAP?

Yeah, i'm talking about MAP :colondollar: what are you talking about
Reply 15
Yeah, i'm talking about MAP :colondollar: what are you talking about

Yeah I’m talking about the end of MAP where they give you an early decision on your university application. I’m assuming you haven’t started it and are waiting if you got a place?
Original post by D4wod
Yeah I’m talking about the end of MAP where they give you an early decision on your university application. I’m assuming you haven’t started it and are waiting if you got a place?

Yeah i'm waiting :smile: sorry i thought you were talking about getting a place in MAP :colondollar: anyway, how did you find MAP, was it good and could you talk about it in your UCAS application form
Reply 17
Yeah i'm waiting :smile: sorry i thought you were talking about getting a place in MAP :colondollar: anyway, how did you find MAP, was it good and could you talk about it in your UCAS application form

MAP was so good, really boosts your application. It’s your choice to talk about it in your personal Statement (thought it’s highly recommended) but you must put it into the form if you’re applying to Manchester Uni as they need to know whether youre eligible for the reduced offer when they do review your application. If you have any more q’s feel free to ask
Original post by D4wod
MAP was so good, really boosts your application. It’s your choice to talk about it in your personal Statement (thought it’s highly recommended) but you must put it into the form if you’re applying to Manchester Uni as they need to know whether youre eligible for the reduced offer when they do review your application. If you have any more q’s feel free to ask

Did you apply through the general strand?
Reply 19
Did you apply through the general strand?

Yep, what about you?

Latest