North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants + freshers chat thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abifa1
Hello!
I have applied for the course Radiotherapy and have an interview on Monday!
I was wondering what to expect from the day, also do we have an admission test?

Thanks!

Hi abifa1,

Well done on getting an interview! We can't give too much away about the interview itself as so not give people an unfair advantage, but there's some useful videos on our website here with tips on how to prepare for it.

I hope that helps, and good luck! :goodluck:

Lydia
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by wrightyy00
How long does it usually take for BCU to respond to an application? I applied over a month ago and this is the only university I am waiting on a response from.
Many thanks :smile:

Hi wrightyy00,

I know a few of you are still waiting to hear about your application which can be a nerve wracking time, but its quite normal at this stage. As you can imagine we have a lot of applications to process. I've asked our admissions team what the average turn around time is to see if we can give you an idea of when you might hear back, so I'll let you all know as soon as I can.

In the meantime, try not to worry and let us know if have any other questions! :h:

Thanks!
Lydia
I'm applying for a foundation year in real estate, I was wondering how long it usually takes for an offer and will I have to do an interview because I'm applying for a foundation year?

Original post by Birmingham City University
Hello :h:

If you're thinking of applying to BCU for 2018 then this is the thread for you!

Let us know what you're thinking, meet other applicants and ask us any questions you might have - we're here to help. :hi:

To start things off, why not let us know the following...

What course would you like to apply for?

What are you most looking forward to about uni?

What are you most nervous about?

Are you coming to an Open Day?

Good luck with those applications!! :goodluck:
Original post by hashim1999
I'm applying for a foundation year in real estate, I was wondering how long it usually takes for an offer and will I have to do an interview because I'm applying for a foundation year?

Hi hashim1999,

Are you applying for your foundation with us or wanted to study here once you've completed you foundation?
It's difficult to say exactly how long it can can take for an offer, admissions will work through the applications we get in the order they come in. When did you apply?

Thanks,

Lydia
What course would you like to apply for?
Marketing (Advertising & Public Relations).

What are you most looking forward to about uni?
Trying new things, meeting new people and being a bit more independent.

What are you most nervous about?
I'm not really sure, nothing comes to mind.

Are you coming to an Open Day?
No but I did the tour online and I'll be coming to an applicant taster day!

I was just wondering is anyone else signed up to go to one of the taster days as well? If yes, I look forward to hopefully seeing you there!
I've received an unconditional offer for Law LLB... I attended an open day but still have some questions about this :smile:

How many applicants on average join this course each year?
How many days per week would I be in lectures? And when does the course commence?

Thank you!
Hey guys! I’m going to apply for midwifery at BCU! Does anyone know if we should take a picture of our GCSE certificate or should I photocopy them?
Original post by itsamalmohamed53
Hey guys! I’m going to apply for midwifery at BCU! Does anyone know if we should take a picture of our GCSE certificate or should I photocopy them?

I think either works, so long as it's readable. I took a photo with a CamScanner app. Good luck! 😁
Original post by lyrical-content
I think either works, so long as it's readable. I took a photo with a CamScanner app. Good luck! 😁
Thank you! Do you know if I should send all of my GCSEs certificates to the online portal or just 5 of them?
Thank you! Do you know if I should send all of my GCSEs certificates to the online portal or just 5 of them?

I was only asked for english and maths so I don't really know but if you're unsure, it's probably best to send them all.
Original post by lyrical-content
I was only asked for english and maths so I don't really know but if you're unsure, it's probably best to send them all.

Yah that’s what I did! I sent them all of them 😭😂ooh well hope your application goes great
Yah that’s what I did! I sent them all of them 😭😂ooh well hope your application goes great

Thanks. Good luck to you too!
Original post by em.101
I've received an unconditional offer for Law LLB... I attended an open day but still have some questions about this :smile:

How many applicants on average join this course each year?
How many days per week would I be in lectures? And when does the course commence?

Thank you!

Hi!

Congratulations on your offer! :biggrin:
I'm not sure exactly how many people are on that course each year or what the timetable would look like, but I'll try find out for you!
In terms of when the course starts, you'll be contacted with your start date a lot nearer the time, but it's usually around the third week of September, with Welcome Week (freshers) starting the week before that.

Lydia
Hey. My name is Joy. I’m from London & I want to study Children’s Nursing and would love BCU to give me a place. I’m looking forward to my accommodation at Belgrave View as it has music practice rooms which I can rehearse on the piano since it’s my passion, and now that I won’t be studying music like in the past it’ll be a great way to use my free time. I’m not nervous but would love to know people before joining as it’ll not make me a ‘lost sheep’. I already went to the open day and loved every bit of it :smile:

ps I’d love to keep in touch with anyone wanting to join BCU. 😊
Bcu has offered me either a digital portfolio review or an Applicant's Day portfolio interview in February. I was just wondering if I'm likely to be made an offer if I go for the interview or if it's best to send it off via email to make sure I get an offer earlier.
Original post by electramoon
Bcu has offered me either a digital portfolio review or an Applicant's Day portfolio interview in February. I was just wondering if I'm likely to be made an offer if I go for the interview or if it's best to send it off via email to make sure I get an offer earlier.

Hey electramoon,

Tutors won't preference one over the other so it's really just down to your choice. If it's a lot easier for you to submit your portfolio online then you have the option to do so, otherwise if you'd like to visit the University and meet tutors and others who might be on the course that's available too.

Good luck!

Lydia
Reply 56
I've got an Interview at BCU for Diagnostic Radiography and i am so excited! Fingers crossed. Really looking forward to it.
Hi all,

We'll be taking a little break from TSR over Christmas so if you do have any questions about your applications and we're not around to help, feel free to email our admissions team at [email protected].

If you're still thinking of applying before the UCAS deadline on 15 January but have questions about courses or entry requirements you can call our course enquiries team on 0121 331 5595 who'll be happy to help.

We'll be back in January. Merry Christmas and enjoy the holidays! :santa3:

Lydia :candycane:
Reply 58
Hey all, I've just received my unconditional offer for speech and language therapy! BCU has always been my first choice for this course. I attended my open day back in October. I'm really excited to start studying again. I'm really nervous about coming back as a mature student. I originally went to Portsmouth university in 2011 but had to leave due to personal circumstances. So that's made me a little bit nervous. Roxxi
I have recieved an offer for Midwifery at BCU with conditional requirements of grade B’s in A level what happens if I only get a C or below but still get the UCAS points would I be accepted still?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending