The Student Room Group

Predicted BBC, want to apply for Maths&Econ/Compsci? Is it possible?

Im predicted much lower than what Im capable of butdo you think I will get offers? Which universities can I apply for?

I am hoping to exceed my predicted grades and get in through adjustment

Scroll to see replies

Bump
I think Nottingham Trent uni, De Montfort uni Leicester will get you in with those predicted grades.

If you don't, you can do a economics with mathematical sciences degree with the open university online.

You can also study a computer science degree with the open university too.

Good luck
Oxford Brookes will give you an offer with those predictions for computer science. Not entirely sure about economics and math, worth looking on the website.
Reply 4
Original post by xxxtentacion..
Im predicted much lower than what Im capable of butdo you think I will get offers? Which universities can I apply for?

I am hoping to exceed my predicted grades and get in through adjustment

If you are confident you can exceed your prediction you can certainly apply to at least 2 (even 3 would be fine) universities above your predictions. Most universities will give offers for most courses, but particularly for your course choice.

Getting an offer from a university asking AAB is not out of the question.

What grades do you think you can actually get?

And worst case scenario you have Adjustment or Clearing anyway.

Edit: also, I've moved your thread to the Applications and UCAS forum :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Analyst89
I think Nottingham Trent uni, De Montfort uni Leicester will get you in with those predicted grades.

If you don't, you can do a economics with mathematical sciences degree with the open university online.

You can also study a computer science degree with the open university too.

Good luck

Original post by Shiba_Inu
Oxford Brookes will give you an offer with those predictions for computer science. Not entirely sure about economics and math, worth looking on the website.

Thanks guys, will have a look at these :gthumb:

Original post by Doonesbury
If you are confident you can exceed your prediction you can certainly apply to at least 2 (even 3 would be fine) universities above your predictions. Most universities will give offers for most courses, but particularly for your course choice.

Getting an offer from a university asking AAB is not out of the question.

What grades do you think you can actually get?

And worst case scenario you have Adjustment or Clearing anyway.

Edit: also, I've moved your thread to the Applications and UCAS forum :smile:

I really want to go to a russell group uni
I think I can actually get AAB minimum with the way Im going.

And thank you :smile:
Thanks guys, will have a look at these :gthumb:

I really want to go to a russell group uni
I think I can actually get AAB minimum with the way Im going.

And thank you :smile:

Why RG specifically? I'm at Edinburgh and there doesn't seem to be anything too special with RG universities.

I really do hope you get ABB, but you need to be 100% realistic with your choices.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Why RG specifically? I'm at Edinburgh and there doesn't seem to be anything too special with RG universities.

I really do hope you get ABB, but you need to be 100% realistic with your choices.

The career that I want to do looks at universities that are highly respected, and they have much higher employment rates than other universities. Edinburgh is a really good uni! How do you find it?

Trsut me, I will. On results day come and find me on here and I will have those grades :wink:
The career that I want to do looks at universities that are highly respected, and they have much higher employment rates than other universities. Edinburgh is a really good uni! How do you find it?

Trsut me, I will. On results day come and find me on here and I will have those grades :wink:

What do you mean how do you find it? :tongue:
What do you mean how do you find it? :tongue:

I mean, like how is it? How is the student life and stuff like that? Are the people there friendly?
I mean, like how is it? How is the student life and stuff like that? Are the people there friendly?

Everyone is incredibly friendly (so friendly they actually talk to people on public transport)

Plenty of societies, I've heard there are good pubs/clubs, but I've not been to many so far.
Everyone is incredibly friendly (so friendly they actually talk to people on public transport)

Plenty of societies, I've heard there are good pubs/clubs, but I've not been to many so far.

Are you in first year?
Are you in first year?

Indeed
Reply 13

Which career is that?

RG is not a badge of quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which career is that?

RG is not a badge of quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths / Economics
It may not be a badge of quality but it ranks much higher than other universities and their stats are much better.
Reply 15
Maths / Economics
It may not be a badge of quality but it ranks much higher than other universities and their stats are much better.

Who does? Edinburgh or RGs generally? There's plenty of non-RG universities above RGs in the rankings (Bath, St Andrews, etc) although rankings themselves only tell part of a story.

Find a course you really like at a university you want to spend 3 years at. That's what's important.
(edited 6 years ago)
Who does? Edinburgh or RGs generally? There's plenty of nin-RG universities above RGs in the rankings, although rankings themselves only tell part of a story.

Find a course you really like at a university you want to spend 3+ years at. That's what's important.

Russell groups generally
Reply 17
Russell groups generally

Well my comment definitely applies. The RG bit is unimportant. It's a self-selected lobby group, not a specific mark of quality.

Things like TEF impact you more than RG.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well my comment definitely applies. The RG bit is unimportant. It's a self-selected lobby group, not a specific mark of quality.

Things like TEF impact you more than RG.

What is TEF
Reply 19
What is TEF

The Teaching Excellence Framework.
http://www.bbc.com/news/education-40356423

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending