The Student Room Group

Getting A*A*A*

So after my awful AS grades, it's time to do some work.

M = Maths, B = Biology, C = Chemistry

AS Grades: ACC (in M,B,C)

Goal: A*A*A*/A

Current Grades:

M: B
B: C
C: B

Latest Mock:

M: C
B: /
There's a lot of work to be done to meet your goal. You're going to have to be very dedicated to revision, but it's still possible as you have months left
Original post by GetGoodGrades

Current Grades:

Latest Mock:

Awful AS grades? haha Good luck anyways, I'm sure you will get your A*s for sure! :smile:
Original post by Persona5
There's a lot of work to be done to meet your goal. You're going to have to be very dedicated to revision, but it's still possible as you have months left

That's the plan! :biggrin: Hopefully, this thread will keep me motivated and it'll also allow me to see how much revision I've done each week, month etc..
As long as you are dedicated it's possible, so good luck! 🖒🖒
Original post by xxxtentacion..
Awful AS grades? haha Good luck anyways, I'm sure you will get your A*s for sure! :smile:

I want to do economics at uni and all the unis I have my eyes on require grades which are higher than my predicted unfortunately :frown:.

My plan is to get good grades and take a gap year then reapply :biggrin:
just work hard and never give up. dont worry and just improve on your weaknesses
Original post by Persona5
As long as you are dedicated it's possible, so good luck! 🖒🖒

Thanks! :smile:
I want to do economics at uni and all the unis I have my eyes on require grades which are higher than my predicted unfortunately :frown:.

My plan is to get good grades and take a gap year then reapply :biggrin:

Oh awesome, Im thinking of applying for that too! Which unis are you looking to apply to?
Oh awesome, Im thinking of applying for that too! Which unis are you looking to apply to?

It really depends on the grades I get at the end of the year (which is why I started this thread :biggrin:) but hopefully Warwick.
It really depends on the grades I get at the end of the year (which is why I started this thread :biggrin:) but hopefully Warwick.

Warwick has high grade boundaries :O I really hope you get into that. Good luck! What are you predicted grades like?
ambitious... good luck, though!!
Warwick has high grade boundaries :O I really hope you get into that. Good luck! What are you predicted grades like?

My predicted grades are not high enough so my plan is to do well this year so I can take a gap year without having to stress about redoing anything, earn some money and reapply next year.
11/12/17

Was fairly busy today but I did manage to self-teach the first topic in D1- Just need to finish off the last few questions which I will do tomorrow.

Main plans for tomorrow are:

-C4 and D1.
-If I have time then start doing AS biology revision.

Current Grades:

Latest Mock:

I want to spread some different light on this.

So what if you don't make it? Will you act like it's the end of the world and wallow or will you still pursue your dream? The latter is the mark of someone determined to compete with life.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Medifield
I want to spread some different light on this.

So what if you don't make it? Will you act like it's the end of the world and wallow or will you still pursue your dream? The latter is the mark of someone determined to compete with life.

I already have offers from unis but I'd like to take a gap year and apply to a better uni. If I don't make it then I will have to accept the offer.
12/12/17

Felt really tired today. :boring::boring:

However, I managed to finish the D1 questions I wanted to- Just the mixed exercise now which I will do during class and frees.

Also did a bit on c4.

Goals for the week:

Finish both the C4 and D1 mixed exercise question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending