The Student Room Group

ocr a chemistry a2 exams

how are the modules split between paper 1 and paper 2
Reply 1
There's 3 papers for OCR A A level Chemistry: H432/01 Periodic table, elements and physical chemistry, H432/02 Synthesis and analytical techniques and H432/03 Unified Chemistry. H432/01 is physical and inorganic chemistry, H432/02 is organic chemistry, and H432/03 is the unified paper where pretty much anything can come up, with a push on synoptic questions linking together different parts of the 2 year course.
Original post by jsg9
There's 3 papers for OCR A A level Chemistry: H432/01 Periodic table, elements and physical chemistry, H432/02 Synthesis and analytical techniques and H432/03 Unified Chemistry. H432/01 is physical and inorganic chemistry, H432/02 is organic chemistry, and H432/03 is the unified paper where pretty much anything can come up, with a push on synoptic questions linking together different parts of the 2 year course.

so in the inorganic paper, they cant put any organic module questions and vice versa?
Reply 3
Original post by orangetortoise
so in the inorganic paper, they cant put any organic module questions and vice versa?

I wouldn't say they can't, they can probably do what they please, but I highly doubt they will. The papers are meant to assess different parts of the course (apart from unified chemistry) so I'm not sure why they'd want to mix up the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest