The Student Room Group

London Fashion Models/ The Studio Work/Studio41

Scroll to see replies

One of my close friends has recently done something like this it hasn’t gone too far but he has forked up about 90 quid already I just wanted to know if the company he is doing it with is a legit company or not it’s called studio41 and goes through another company called studio works, has anyone got info. Would be a great help thanks
Reply 21
Yeah tell your friend not to go it is a scam!!! What time is his appointment as I want to go there and kick off to get my money back? Xx
Original post by An2610
Yeah tell your friend not to go it is a scam!!! What time is his appointment as I want to go there and kick off to get my money back? Xx

He went today but it’s not to late for the major payments if I tell him to stop now
Reply 23
Original post by Bmms2000
He went today but it’s not to late for the major payments if I tell him to stop now

Yeah defiantly tell him not too. They are a scam!!
So it seems I’ve been done over too, so I’m making some big phone calls tomorrow to stop any payments going through completely
Reply 25
Original post by Rockst4r121
So it seems I’ve been done over too, so I’m making some big phone calls tomorrow to stop any payments going through completely

Sorry to hear that. They need stopping they are awful!! Hopefull yours hasn't gone to far
I am so shocked by this company. report them to the ombudsman. Make sure that they know they are trying to run a business which in effect just takes the money off you. It is stealing really. They say never pay for modelling. If you have success in modelling you get paid...not the other way around. Bless you.
Yep paid 2500 with deal i would get 3 jobs leading to 6 a month n make my money back for christmas. They have continually fobbed me off...websites terrible...substandard n cant get money back from bank on credit card. Its made me ill! Reported to action fraud. Has anyone got their money back? I wrote a letter outlining i wanted a refund a few days after i realised they arnt an agency so its illegal to find me work...they said my consumer rights are irrelevant on personal items...but they havnt met the standard n aftercare let alone a job after. They said 6 days n my website will b live...3 weeks on im still waiting for them to change as they didnt ask what images i wanted. My 10 yr old could do a better job. Im a single mum with 2 kids...this has broken me
Reply 28
Original post by Broken7003
Yep paid 2500 with deal i would get 3 jobs leading to 6 a month n make my money back for christmas. They have continually fobbed me off...websites terrible...substandard n cant get money back from bank on credit card. Its made me ill! Reported to action fraud. Has anyone got their money back? I wrote a letter outlining i wanted a refund a few days after i realised they arnt an agency so its illegal to find me work...they said my consumer rights are irrelevant on personal items...but they havnt met the standard n aftercare let alone a job after. They said 6 days n my website will b live...3 weeks on im still waiting for them to change as they didnt ask what images i wanted. My 10 yr old could do a better job. Im a single mum with 2 kids...this has broken me

When did you go in there? I know it has made me ill too they can't get away with this!!! I haven't got my money back either and have been in contact with others who have been scammed by them also. They never answer the phone and hardly reply on email and when they do they just fob it off.
Original post by An2610
When did you go in there? I know it has made me ill too they can't get away with this!!! I haven't got my money back either and have been in contact with others who have been scammed by them also. They never answer the phone and hardly reply on email and when they do they just fob it off.

I went 17th nov...they said id have a return of the money in 3 jobs which there were 3 head hunting me already.
She even signed the box on behalf of me because i was unsure, by copying it. When i questioned it she said it was a witness signature. When i checked the copy which she signed it was a lie.
They give an agency list which is probably linked to more scams.
I even rung a number last week they contacted me on n it was recorded as scam.
How did u pay? The bank said they wont refund because id entered my pin but they would send me some paperwork to fill in if i cant get refunded.
It basically locks u in to 6 weeks of waiting so even if your not happy with the results its tough. When i asked they said my consumer rights wernt affected...but when i wanted a refund for sub standard service they said no because its a personalised item. I was under the impression u have 30 days even on digital images. I just dont know where to turn. It has completely wrecked my kids Christmas. I cant afford the repayments now let alone afford a selection box for them.
Reported to action fraud, police and my bank. I just want to know if anyone got their money back and how? X
Reply 30
Original post by Naygibby
SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away I swear on my life I want my money back from this company in august I went there for a photo shoot they charged me nearly £3800 for a year it was a platinum package me and my daughters are homeless because of this company and I'm not stoping until I get my money back I will not they don't answer my emails or calls they lied and sold me a dream and I want my money back now!!!! I'm sick and tired of this these folks are scammers they need to be on BBC news what a disgrace!!!!

Hello everyone since I've calm down a bit I just moved here recently and I'm starting a trend to put an end to this company scam. I want to have a meet up at the office on a certain date and time I want this to go viral on the news etc etc I wanted people with cameras or what ever recording device you have, please if you want to put an end to this company scams please help me to help you and others. I'm litterally staying with a friend because me and my kids are homeless now after we lost our apartment. Please reply to this and let me know if your interested in joining with me this is going to be BIG!!! We will set up everything in a chat room

[Hello naygibby I'm here because I was doing a research about this Studio works agency to see it they are for real going to keep all their promises they've made once I layed my premium portfolio or something like that. They haven't contact me I was every day trying to contact them but ugh . But what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of people that have gone to That Studio and have got nothing back from them . I would like to join you and see what we can do against this scammers . If you wanna get in contact please reply to me so I can give you my number in private . I hope you get this message
Reply 31
Original post by Bengolo
It happened to me with The studio work. Is it a SCAM? I payed a lot of money. They are supposedly waiting for me to send them my measurements. What can you tell me?

Hello Bengolo we have to spread this around we are not the only ones I have seen a lot of reviews against this agency we have to do something. Reply if you wanna unite and get our money back .]
Reply 32
[QUOTE="Gabi20;75040454"]
Original post by Bengolo
It happened to me with The studio work. Is it a SCAM? I payed a lot of money. They are supposedly waiting for me to send them my measurements. What can you tell me?

Hello Bengolo we have to spread this around we are not the only ones I have seen a lot of reviews against this agency we have to do something. Reply if you wanna unite and get our money back .]

Yeah it has to me too!!! I am so angry they have ruined Christmas. They can't get away with this!! I will untite to hopefully get our money back xx
Reply 33
Hi,I guess I just got scammed too,my viewer's name was "Maia"it happened today and I'm going tomorrow to find out what going on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by An2610
Original post by Gabi20

Yeah it has to me too!!! I am so angry they have ruined Christmas. They can't get away with this!! I will untite to hopefully get our money back xx [
We can report them I have done my research and if we have enough evidence such as emails contracts what so ever they gave us they could be shut down . How can we create a group chat ?? I don't know how to send a message on private ]
Hi I have also been scammed of £3500 on 27/10/17. Like you I met that devious woman Mia.. she better watch out cause I am going to do what it takes to get my money refunded. From the very next day following my shoot I went back to ask for a cancellation and getting ******** talk from them. I was even directed to meet with someone from the finance team situated at the Marylebone office. This woman Anna was so damn rude and feisty telling me I cannot get my money back as I have already received some of the service. That was a big laugh I told her. I paid all that money for a cd of photos and a website showing the same photos that's on the cd.. no change not even my measurement was included as no one contacted me to get this as promised. Lawd this has all affected my whole life
Wow yes something NEEDS to be done, they are flaunting the law and laughing at the police as with this magic way of stealing money without repercussion. I am sure that TV comps would love to do an exposé on this. My friend who has just lost her home in the Grenfell tower tried to cheer up her duagher with this and was scammed out of £5000.00 - Yes Id like to get a few people together to bring these people down.

Quick Reply

Latest