The Student Room Group

What's the worst mark you've ever received in an exam?

A lot of us are quite proud on TSR, and like to show off the amazing marks we get, but it's more fun to say what embarrassing marks we've received (unless you're all as perfect as it seems, inb4 90%) :lol:

Can be any sort of exam, not necessarily one in school/college/university :h:

Mine was a U in an AS Chemistry exam. Did no revision as I was stubborn and hated it :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Got 4% once. Don't want to talk about it :frown:
My computer science mock I got 3/80
D in an AS Geography skills exam 😂 Had never had below an A before that, never have after... lmao
Reply 4
U in AS Critical Thinking.

Doesn't even count towards anything because many unis don't accept it anyway :rofl:
Got a U in AS Further Maths :h: hated it, but couldn't admit to myself that I didn't understand it
Reply 6
A in GCSE german, wanted to kill myself because it wasn't an A*! My daddy also said I wouldn't get into Oxford now :frown: And I didn't get my fathers real estate lands because I failed in life..
I got 4 Us
In my end of year 10 maths mock I got 2/80... Could be worse.
6/55 in AS Maths....and it was supposed to be my strongest subject x-x
Got a U in C2 and S2 my first year of A-Levels, then changed subjects completely (re did year 12 to do this) cuz i hated them all SOOO much 😂
Reply 11
Original post by Changing Skies

Mine was a U in an AS Chemistry exam. Did no revision as I was stubborn and hated it :colondollar:

Saaaaaaaame
i got a U for my A-Level phsycis exam! safe to say i dropped it
Original post by UWS

Doesn't even count towards anything because many unis don't accept it anyway :rofl:

Loool critical thinking is the most pointless subject ever ffs. My worst mark was probs 4/30 for a performing mock exam back in GCSE Music lmaoo, just hit random notes on the piano
Original post by Notnek
Got 4% once. Don't want to talk about it :frown:

You have to tell us the subject at least :tongue:

I got 15/55 in a chemistry test last month...although I believe the average was something like 18 so really it wasn't that bad...
22/60 in my B1 mock in year 11 was another one that wasn't great.
Oh and my 27/40 in my French sounds great...until you realise it was foundation and was an E :colondollar:

tbh usually I can guess enough to sneak into double figures as you pick up some knowledge without even trying when you are just in every lesson, and when you're a crammer you have to become good at guessing :lol:
In a real exam, I got a very low C in my GCSE English Lit Poetry exam (got a B overall though :biggrin:)

In mock exams, I got the pre-GCSE equivalent of a U in my Y9 history exam :lol: dreadful subject. I also got 0/24 in a GCSE English Language mock, 7/60 in some Physics mock I did in Y12, and I got either an E or a U in my M2 mock exam for Further Maths last week :getmecoat:

Oh and if we’re including non-exam components, I got an E in my GCSE PE Practical :rofl:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by SGHD26716

Talk to me about it in detail.

It was a module I was doing that wasn't directly related to my course. I reverse snowballed all the way to 4% - really horrible. It didn't affect my final grade luckily.
Original post by Notnek
It was a module I was doing that wasn't directly related to my course. I reverse snowballed all the way to 4% - really horrible. It didn't affect my final grade luckily.

Was it mathematical? 👀
Original post by UWS

I got an E in General Studies (how lol) but I felt the same as my unis didn't accept it!
Original post by Khad11
Saaaaaaaame

Wooo :five:
Worst percentage in an actual exam? The worst I remember was BMO2 where I got 12/40 (30%). But that doesn't really count because you have to qualify to get in and only 100 or so people make it, and even then the scores are so skewed that 50% is already a very strong mark.

I can't think of anything else that was awful of the top of my head, but I'm sure I've had embarrasments in the past...

Quick Reply

Latest