The Student Room Group

Deloitte Brightstart Apprenticeship 2018 MegaThread

Has anyone attempted the online immersive assessment? If so, then what areas are covered in it? What is the best way to prepare for it. Also- how was the Job Simulation? What was the pattern and what kind of questions were asked?

Graduates are also welcome to respond and advise.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got told that my application was progressed today, have you done your assessment yet? Can you let me know what you had to do please thanks

Original post by haleemahijazi
Has anyone attempted the online immersive assessment? If so, then what areas are covered in it? What is the best way to prepare for it. Also- how was the Job Simulation? What was the pattern and what kind of questions were asked?

Graduates are also welcome to respond and advise.
No I haven’t yet. My initial application is still under consideration, but I may hear back from them soon. Do let me know how yours go. :smile:
Reply 3
I did mine today. I found the whole scenario response questions straight forward but some of the numerical stuff was really difficult. I really recommend that you do some practice on numerical reasoning before you do it. Overall it’s not too demanding but there’s a few questions in there that do take some thinking.
I have been out of school for some time now. What areas of maths were tested? Please let me know so that I can brush up my skills. :smile:
Reply 5
It’s mostly looking at percentages of figures and working out averages and ratios from these percentages. It’s simple maths but it gets quite complicated when it’s all put together
Hi guys,

I applied to join the programme last year and almost started, but then had to defer for a year for personal reasons. The onboarding process was really smooth and great for people to get to know each other (meeting up for meals/events etc) and I’d recommend it to anybody. I’ll now be starting in 2018 in the technology stream, so it would be good to get to know anybody in my (new!) cohort. If anybody has any questions, or needs advice feel free to reply on this thread or message me privately!

Tasha
Reply 7
What was the job simulation assesment like? I’m not very clear what you do during it
Original post by tashaormrod
Hi guys,

I applied to join the programme last year and almost started, but then had to defer for a year for personal reasons. The onboarding process was really smooth and great for people to get to know each other (meeting up for meals/events etc) and I’d recommend it to anybody. I’ll now be starting in 2018 in the technology stream, so it would be good to get to know anybody in my (new!) cohort. If anybody has any questions, or needs advice feel free to reply on this thread or message me privately!

Tasha
Original post by xprojaw
What was the job simulation assesment like? I’m not very clear what you do during it

If I’m honest I don’t think that was part of the assessment last year. I’d imagine it asks you what you’d do in certain situations, try and be as honest as possible rather than answer what you think they want from you!
Original post by tashaormrod
Hi guys,

Tasha

Sounds great! It's so good they had you deferred.
I applied on the day Deloitte opened for applications and still have not got replies for the online tests yet, just grade verification.
I'm worried.
Original post by xannypunanny
Sounds great! It's so good they had you deferred.

Yeah, I was really grateful. I got on well with the interviewer I had and contacted her and she bent over backwards to sort it for me, 3 weeks before I was meant to start! Don’t worry about not hearing back yet, they do it in batches and you will get a reply - you might have just missed the cutoff for the last group they replied to!
Hi Guys! I applied within 2-3 days of applications opening. They contacted me some days back to confirm my qualifications but I have not received any updates after that. I have sent them some follow up emails but no reply.
Hi everyone, like Tasha I applied to Deloitte last year but I currently working for them in Audit in Deloitte Private (Limited liability and private equity businesses). If you have any q's about the interview process (it has changed since I did it but I will help where I can), I will do my best to get back to you! :smile: Good luck!
Reply 14
Original post by Stratos7
Hi everyone, like Tasha I applied to Deloitte last year but I currently working for them in Audit in Deloitte Private (Limited liability and private equity businesses). If you have any q's about the interview process (it has changed since I did it but I will help where I can), I will do my best to get back to you! :smile: Good luck!

Hi, I sat one of the online assements a couple weeks ago and the feedback I got was quite positive. Any ideas how long it takes them to respond to say if I’ve progressed or not during this time of year?
Original post by xprojaw
Hi, I sat one of the online assements a couple weeks ago and the feedback I got was quite positive. Any ideas how long it takes them to respond to say if I’ve progressed or not during this time of year?

I just checked and it took around 3 weeks, so try not to worry about that it is normal for it to take as long/longer than you have been waiting so far :smile:
Reply 16
I just checked and it took around 3 weeks, so try not to worry about that it is normal for it to take as long/longer than you have been waiting so far :smile:

Okay that’s great. Thank you for your help!
Original post by xprojaw
Okay that’s great. Thank you for your help!

no worries :smile: what office are you applying to?
Reply 18
no worries :smile: what office are you applying to?

I am applying to the Edinburgh office. What office are you in ?
Original post by xprojaw
I am applying to the Edinburgh office. What office are you in ?

Oh very nice, I am in the London office

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending