The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Msc Management, Information Systems, Digital Innovation

Hey all -- I was admitted to the MISDI program last year but decided to defer to 2018/19. Just wanted to start a thread for applicants to this program -- never too soon to start networking.

I will have my first masters from Florida State in Risk Management after this fall semester and am currently a Consultant at one of the worlds largest IT Consulting firms working on insurance technology. Hoping the specialized MISDI management degree alongside LSE's brand will propel me to the next level in the FinTech sector.

FYI -- last year I went through the drama/anxiety of waiting to be admitted. My experience: They had a decision in December but did not send me a notification immediately (I took a new position in that time frame and this is partly why I deferred). I eventually sent a follow-up in January at which time they apologized for not having updated and told me I was admitted. So, don't be scared to follow up with the department.

Let me know if you have any questions about the process, etc! Hope to see you all in London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also an applicant!

I applied mid November. International student with non-economical background (tech). My grades are probably equivalent to a high 2:1

Where I'm from it's quite common to work next to studies. Currently working with technology strategy in a management consultancy (part-time next to studies), and have been working at large renown global firms prior to this (also part-time).

Pretty anxious I must admit and not quite sure how my chances are - probably a 50/50. Current company has agreed to fund my degree, so not applying for financial support. Not sure if that helps.

Hope to see you around!
(edited 6 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hey guys!

I applied to MISDI in Mid-October and still waiting to hear back. I'm from a top 5 UK university studying management and did an internship at one of the biggest tech companies in the world.

Fingers crossed!
Reply 3
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 4
Original post by MRDK
Anyone heard anything yet?

Not yet, and offers have started coming out...
Reply 5
Original post by medahoe

Honestly, I think your profile looks very strong and I believe you have a very strong chance of getting in unless you tanked the PS. As long as you haven't received an offer I'm not too scared :-)
Reply 6
Original post by MRDK
Honestly, I think your profile looks very strong and I believe you have a very strong chance of getting in unless you tanked the PS. As long as you haven't received an offer I'm not too scared :-)

Haha thank you, you should be fine too, I wouldn’t worry! I’ll make sure to let you know if I hear anything
Reply 7
Original post by medahoe

Oh I did hear from someone being rejected a few weeks ago though so guess it’s a good sign we haven’t heard back
Reply 8
Original post by medahoe
Oh I did hear from someone being rejected a few weeks ago though so guess it’s a good sign we haven’t heard back

True. I've also 'only' been waiting for 4 weeks, so I guess I should just forget about everything until January for the sake of my sanity.
Reply 9
Just got an offer for the MISDI!
Reply 10
Original post by medahoe

...now the pressure is on! Big congratulations! :-) This was just around 8 weeks of waiting, correct?

Enjoy! :-)
Reply 11
Original post by MRDK
...now the pressure is on! Big congratulations! :-) This was just around 8 weeks of waiting, correct?

Enjoy! :-)

Thank you! For me it was exactly 7 weeks of waiting since I received my LSE ID :smile:
Original post by medahoe

Nice! Congrats -- waiting is the worst feeling.

Just an FYI to the other people who haven't yet been admitted. Last year I got tired of waiting in January and sent an email off to the department to see a status -- they said that they had actually made a decision on my application in December (accepted, but I deferred -- see OP) but had not updated my profile!! Basically a month of undue waiting.

So, your decisions should be coming soon if you applied in October.

Look forward to meeting everyone.
Reply 13
Received a conditional offer today :-)

Looking forward to meet you all!
Original post by MRDK
Received a conditional offer today :-)

Looking forward to meet you all!

Congrats !! How long since you applied ?
Reply 15
Original post by fellowfeeling
Congrats !! How long since you applied ?

4 weeks - received my ID November 14th
Awesome, congrats!
Well I just received a conditional offer as well ! The whole process took 3 weeks for me ! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by fellowfeeling
Well I just received a conditional offer as well ! The whole process took 3 weeks for me ! :smile:

How much time does it take for the economics department to reply? I got my ID on the 30th of October.
Reply 19
Hey guys!
I'm very glad I came across this post. I was placed on the reserve list for 2017 entry for the MISDI program, and found out last week that I have an unconditional offer for September 2018 entry. If anyone can give me some advice as i'm sure we all know a postgraduate degree is a huge investment and risk.

I am from the US. I graduated from Purdue University and do not come from a tech background at all- my degree is in Hospitality and Tourism Management. I did well in college, however have not worked in a consulting firm, etc. I did not get support from the Graduate Scheme so I would have to take out loans to fund my entire time at LSE, which obviously worries me. I've been applying to schools in the UK for over a year and have gotten accepted to all, but declined as I was always worried about the reputation of the uni in the US.

Some things that are weighing on my mind before I accept my offer:
I want to return to the US after graduation, and ideally want to go into IT Consulting- would I be able to secure a job in the US with an MISDI degree from LSE?

Also, I plan on being involved in volunteering, societies, etc. but do not know if international students can get work experience while in London since most consulting companies require nearly full-time internship hours during vacation periods (of which I know we all would not have since we have our dissertation in the summer)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending