The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Specimen Set 2 papers? Nov-Dec 2017

Thoughts?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucci77
Doing my mocks currently and had my chemistry on thursday - absolute joke tbh, wanted to see what other people thought? What topics should I revise for Biology and Physics? Also, I'm doing 2 papers whereas some schools are only doing 1 - any idea why?

My school are only doing paper 1 for each. Are you double or triple. I'm triple. I've got all my science mocks this week. What was the chemistry like? What topics were on there?
I think most schools are only doing paper one because paper 2 has a lot of content they still haven't covered in class, and so it's not fair giving it to us; the students. If we're doing the same specimen papers, biology is quite easy; a fair bit about plants. For physics, I would learn a few equations and really read the questions.
Yeah we are only halfway through paper 2 content. So we are doing a paper 2 mock in March. How was the chemistry and physics? What was on the paper1’s?
Original post by Odavies11
Yeah we are only halfway through paper 2 content. So we are doing a paper 2 mock in March. How was the chemistry and physics? What was on the paper1’s?

Are you doing the same papers? Like have you done your biology one, and did it start with a question about active transport and transpiration?
Original post by inoubliable
Are you doing the same papers? Like have you done your biology one, and did it start with a question about active transport and transpiration?

Not done them yet, but did the first question ask about cells. Specifically the prokaryotic cells? Then move onto plant stuff?
Not done them yet, but did the first question ask about cells. Specifically the prokaryotic cells? Then move onto plant stuff?

our test was literally mostly about plants so i don't think they're the same one
our test was literally mostly about plants so i don't think they're the same one

Was the answer to the first question nucleus and cell wall?
Was the answer to the first question nucleus and cell wall?

nope. had nothing to do with cell structure.
nope. had nothing to do with cell structure.

Thanks! Was there anything about Osmosis, the heart or monoclonal antibodies on them?
Yo do you have a copy of the Chemistry mock, if you do please send it asap.
Thanks! Was there anything about Osmosis, the heart or monoclonal antibodies on them?

6m on heart, and a question about monoclonal antibodies. I don't think there was a question on osmosis thought, but I'm not sure
@inoubliable you did specimen paper set 1

@Thread Starter do you have a copy of the chem exam??

or any help on what was on paper 1 of it
6m on heart, and a question about monoclonal antibodies. I don't think there was a question on osmosis thought, but I'm not sure

Thank you! Can you remember what the heart 6 marker was? Sorry to be a pain. You're very helpful!
what came up on the physics paper?
Not sure. I’ve got it tomorrow.
Original post by aimscopes
Yo do you have a copy of the Chemistry mock, if you do please send it asap.

the chemistry exam is very easy! just learn about Moles and all the equations for concentration as that is used a lot! And about
bond energies
Anyone got biology set 2 test?! Mine exam is tomorrow morning helppppppp!
My school does all the paper 1s for these mocks and doing paper 2s some time next year.
Did the biology one last Friday, I do triple science and as far as I remember there was a LOT OF MATHS for some reason, a 4 markers about stomata and guard cells, something about the lungs, starch and carbohydrates, the practical where you got the agar petri dish and test the bacteria, and a microscopy question. That's about all I remember for biology.
Physics I did today but we only did half of paper 1 and we're doing the other half tomorrow. It was quite easy tbh, questions about nuclear fission and fusion. The specific heat capacity practical. Kinetic energy equation. GPE equation. The circuit symbol for LDR. That's all I remember, Hope I helpt :smile:
Was there anything on electrical fields?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending