The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Sociology degree?

Any prospect/current Lincoln students who wants to study sociology at the uni?
I haven't really found anyone who I can talk to about studying sociology in the university lol

If any current sociology students reply, could you tell me if and why you like the course or not? Also, is it popular amongst students
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey I am also applying for sociology at Lincoln University, where else have you applied for,
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by Amzbinds
Hey I am also applying for sociology at Lincoln University, where else have you applied for,

Oh I posted this ages ago 😂😂 I'm currently doing sociology now in lincoln so if you have any questions then hit me up 😊
Reply 3
What do you think of the course? And what sort of topics are you Covering currently 😀
Original post by Amzbinds
What do you think of the course? And what sort of topics are you Covering currently 😀

For Sociology we're doing:
Social Issues and Social Justice - this is mainly social policy related and social trends/issues such as poverty, welfare, social inequality, joblessness etc
Applying Research- learn about various research methods and research examples from different sociologists
Key Social Science Concepts - notable theorist's works + learn about aspects of society
Sociological Imagination - same as above but a bit more focused on the theorists themselves
Generally I really enjoy the course actually. The lecturers/seminar tutors are really friendly and educated, and I find the topics that we learn very interesting. I think if you're generally passionate about Sociology then you'd really enjoy it at a degree level.

Just be prepared for A LOT of reading and essays. To be honest though , if you want to fast-track yourself into doing well in the degree, then you should like to read as a hobby and you should have really good writing skills, otherwise I think that you'd struggle more because it'll be more likely to lose interest of the subject.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest