The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Economics/Finance & Economics (2018)

How is everyones application progressing?

Scroll to see replies

Still under consideration...
How about you
Reply 2
Yeah same, I think it will be a long wait.

Whats your profile?
Original post by Mu04
Yeah same, I think it will be a long wait.

Whats your profile?

Top 10 UK uni, BSc Finance with first on both years. Some finance interns but no extra activity. No G. Very few math/econ modules...

How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by seth_rollins
Top 10 UK uni, BSc Finance with first on both years. Some finance interns but no extra activity. No G. Very few math/econ modules...

How about you?

I graduated last year, First in BSc Econ from top 15 uni, had a weak second year though. Currently working in Econometrics. No GRE as well.

Hoping for the best.

Have you applied anywhere else?
Original post by Mu04
I graduated last year, First in BSc Econ from top 15 uni, had a weak second year though. Currently working in Econometrics. No GRE as well.

Hoping for the best.

Have you applied anywhere else?

Yep, LSE MSc finance as well.

Hope all the best~
Reply 6
Hey guys, anyone with for Mphil Finance and Economics, who is at the degree stage?
Still under consideration with the department for over a month now.
Original post by Pos123
Hey guys, anyone with for Mphil Finance and Economics, who is at the degree stage?
Still under consideration with the department for over a month now.

Don't they make all decisions in like February and March? Unless you are an exceptional candidate that is
Reply 8
Still waiting for second reference, good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by simmers391
Don't they make all decisions in like February and March? Unless you are an exceptional candidate that is

From what i see from the 2017 thread, it seems that most decisions are made in February and March, but that hasn't prevented many people from moving to "review by degree committee" early.

A lot of people were moved to degree committee end of November, and they stayed there until January, where they either received an offer, or either.. Well, kept waiting for offer/rejection.
Original post by Pos123
From what i see from the 2017 thread, it seems that most decisions are made in February and March, but that hasn't prevented many people from moving to "review by degree committee" early.

A lot of people were moved to degree committee end of November, and they stayed there until January, where they either received an offer, or either.. Well, kept waiting for offer/rejection.

Oh ok! Thanks for that. Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 11
anyone anything?
Original post by Pos123
anyone anything?

Nothing changed, but already received LSE Fin, how about you
Nothing changed, but already received LSE Fin, how about you

congrats! what's your profile may i ask?
Original post by simmers391
congrats! what's your profile may i ask?

Take a look at the front. I said it before haha. How’s your application and profile~
Reply 15
Take a look at the front. I said it before haha. How’s your application and profile~

Hey seth, congrats on your offer! May i please ask, did you get the offer through LSE for you? Or was it through an email that was "provisional".
Thanks!

Oh my bad haha. Applied to Cambridge for econ and finance and econ, still under review from the department :smile:

UCL econ, 1st in both years so far, got a bit of work experience and my modules have had a fair bit of stats/ maths in them.

Out of curiosity, how are you planning on funding your course? I think I'd struggle to afford it without some form of grant/ scholarship.
hey everyone! congrats to those with offers! i have no idea what the chance are of me being accepted are in Camb so I would be super grateful if someone might be able to provide some insight:
Warwick Econ, 1st year results 68% (including 99 in finance lol), 2nd year result 71% (including 77 in metrics)
1 Spring week, 1 Bulge bracket internship last summer and JP Morgan front office internship summer 2018
Decent Extra Curriculars

Just not sure if they would require higher academic performance?
Also, how important is the personal statement/questions they ask? Do i need to have a research proposition?
Yet to send application!
Thanks!
Reply 18
Original post by sancgradtalent
hey everyone! congrats to those with offers! i have no idea what the chance are of me being accepted are in Camb so I would be super grateful if someone might be able to provide some insight:
Warwick Econ, 1st year results 68% (including 99 in finance lol), 2nd year result 71% (including 77 in metrics)
1 Spring week, 1 Bulge bracket internship last summer and JP Morgan front office internship summer 2018
Decent Extra Curriculars

Just not sure if they would require higher academic performance?
Also, how important is the personal statement/questions they ask? Do i need to have a research proposition?
Yet to send application!
Thanks!

99 in finance?? Is everything mathematical?
Go for it, i think 77 metrics look really good!
Original post by Pos123
99 in finance?? Is everything mathematical?
Go for it, i think 77 metrics look really good!

yeah aha! got very lucky with an easy paper! yeah most of modules are mathsy - cheers for the advice :smile:
also, is it just 1000 characters for the finance and econ application??

Quick Reply

Latest