The Student Room Group

A level Further Maths online resources

Current Year 12 student studying A level Further Maths, exam board: Edexcel. Since I'm doing the new spec, I lack resources, so I was wondering if anyone knows any good resources for further maths (I don't mind if I have to pay). For example, snaprevise covers the new spec for A level maths but not further maths. Uplearn covers new spec for maths, But not further maths. Studypug covers new spec for maths, But not further maths. You get the gist.

So I was wondering if anyone knows and good resources for further maths. I'm currently using examsolutions as there are overlaps between the old further maths spec and new further maths spec, But topics such as group theory, inverting a 3×3 matrix, consistent and inconsistent linear equations weren't on the old spec.
physicsandmathstutor.com
revisely.co.uk
madasmaths.com
Reply 2
Revisely hasn't releases the videos for the new spec yet.

I don't see any further maths modules on mad as maths.

Physics and maths tutor only has old spec.

Btw I'm looking for sites that give video tutorials as well pls.
I have the same problem. I am in year 12 doing further maths but with MEI. I use FMSP videos on YouTube but they are old spec. I am really struggling to find anything for the new.
Reply 4
I am doing the new OCR Further Mathematics course and past paper exam questions are a valuable resource and if you go into physics and maths tutor they have a questions by topic section which covers MOST but not ALL of the new content. For new content use a textbook:smile:
I thought the physics and maths tutor only has stuff for a level maths not further maths
Original post by Doctor1234
Current Year 12 student studying A level Further Maths, exam board: Edexcel. Since I'm doing the new spec, I lack resources, so I was wondering if anyone knows any good resources for further maths (I don't mind if I have to pay). For example, snaprevise covers the new spec for A level maths but not further maths. Uplearn covers new spec for maths, But not further maths. Studypug covers new spec for maths, But not further maths. You get the gist.

So I was wondering if anyone knows and good resources for further maths. I'm currently using examsolutions as there are overlaps between the old further maths spec and new further maths spec, But topics such as group theory, inverting a 3×3 matrix, consistent and inconsistent linear equations weren't on the old spec.

Hi, here's a mapping document from Edexcel that might help you locate where the topics of the new spec were in the old spec:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2017/Teaching%20and%20learning%20materials/GCE_2017_and_GCE_2008_content_mapping.xlsx
There are some completely new ones, but most were in the old spec (I remember inverting 3x3 matrices for example). Also check out the old specs of other exam boards, as they had topics that Edexcel didn't have in its old spec. You should mostly be fine with existing videos from examsolutions. For anything else, I'm sure you can find videos on youtube, try Khan Academy
Original post by Milly _xo
I thought the physics and maths tutor only has stuff for a level maths not further maths

There's stuff for further maths as well, but old spec. I'm hoping everything will be mapped into the new spec with any gaps filled sometime in January.
Edit: Apologies. I suggested examsolutions but just realised you already mentioned it.
Reply 8
Any updates?
Original post by Rozh11
Any updates?

TLMaths has started working on FM videos but isn't complete yet (assuming it won't be for another year or so) too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2dl2S7MeqU&list=PLg2tfDG3Ww4us-ACGUOMdCiYXyg4ymxrK

Quick Reply

Latest