The Student Room Group

Am I too tall to date?

I’m 20 year old girl and my height is around 6’0. I’m trying to embrace it but constantly feeling like a giant doesn’t really help :frown: i know I can’t do anything about this but even wearing converse to clubs and uni parties makes me tower over 90% of the guys and feel self conscious. I wouldn’t mind dating a guy my height but him being taller is definitely a plus as I can finally feel smaller and protected in a way at least for a bit. I’m not even sure what the question is here, maybe - do tall guys would consider dating a girl as tall as me?!
what do you look like otherwise, like do you show feeling awkward in your akin? I'm a six foot girl with no issues guywise... genuinely taller, shorter, same will all try it, it's about the way you hold yourself. when. I was younger the feeling uncomfortable in my skin showed and I think it put them off but since my attitude towards it changed I have no problems with guys. try to own it as much as you can, even if it's fake at first.
Reply 2
I would say I definitely have curves but I carry myself (both weight and posture wise) pretty well I think. I’ve been in a way upset about this for years and it’s gotten a lot better these past 2 years but I guess each of us has better days and worse days. I’m just feeling extremely unattractive as guys usually go for my much shorter friends and I can’t help but to wish I wasn’t as giant as I am.
well first of all you're not giant, you're statuesque and beautiful. honestly I am a full on six footer and unused to live with a girl who was six foot four. it is all in attitude, guys do go for tall girls. you're not comparative to your friends you're your own person. the best advice I can give you is find a way to love it. wear clothes that suit taller girls, maybe even try heels as they make those tall girl legs look amazing. just own it and don't worry if some guys don't go for you, others will.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I can finally feel smaller and protected in a way at least for a bit.

I never understood this logic from females.... protected from what fam? Do you live in the middle of a war zone?
As a shorter then avg guy, It always makes me feel hopelessly depressed about the dating scene when a girls says "him being taller is definitely a plus as I can finally feel smaller and protected"
They'll be plenty of 6ft plus chaps out there who would love to date you. They won't have to bend down so far for a snog! (I say this as a 6ft 5 guy)

I do find that most taller guys, myself included, don't really care if a girl matches our height or even exceeds it when she wears heels. We're tall enough not to worry about it.
Reply 7
I’m 20 year old girl and my height is around 6’0. I’m trying to embrace it but constantly feeling like a giant doesn’t really help :frown: i know I can’t do anything about this but even wearing converse to clubs and uni parties makes me tower over 90% of the guys and feel self conscious. I wouldn’t mind dating a guy my height but him being taller is definitely a plus as I can finally feel smaller and protected in a way at least for a bit. I’m not even sure what the question is here, maybe - do tall guys would consider dating a girl as tall as me?!

I’m a 6’4 guy and honestly I think that your height is the perfect height. I think it’s so nice when a girl is that height and I definetly think it makes you really attractive :smile:

Well, I'm 6'4 so maybe this isn't the answer you're looking for but I honestly prefer girls to be taller. Height, combined with a womanly physique = 10/10 in my book. I don't want to feel like I'm dating a underdeveloped tween XD. When it comes to my average sized friends, most of them will turn their nose up at a stunning, pleasant girl because she's taller than them. Sorry :frown: I think it's an ego thing
You just need a bit more confidence, my flatmate is 6 foot, and she has a boyfriend, i think he's about 6 foot 2
If you want someone taller, you'd have no competition from me, as a 5'4" girl, I cannot date a man over 6'2", it's logistically impossible
The answer to your question is a resounding NO! You are not too tall to date.

Yes some short men will be put off, that's fine, they're already deselecting themselves as too vain and shallow for you. They're doing you a favour.

Most men would have no problem dating a girl a few inches taller, or definitely the same size.

However I've seen many tall girls, especially older teens / early 20's, who are clearly self conscious about their height and so they stoop, only wear flat shoes, have flat hair, anything to make them look a little shorter. As a result they give off one massive message: "I have no confidence in myself".

Just like women like a confident man. Men like a confident woman.

I had a boss once who was 5'11", she had big wavey hair, and always wore 3-4 inch heals. She was super confident in herself, never slouched, held her head up, looked people straight in the eye, and whilst not classically attractive, as a result many men said she was a very striking woman. Certainly I wasn't aware she had any problems getting a fella.

Be proud of who you are, there's no point worrying about it as you can't change it. All you can do is change your attitude to it. As you already said the last few years you've felt better. That's great. I have no doubt you'll look back at your teens as just a phase as you got used to yourself. Don't sweat it, it happens to us all for one reason or another. :smile:
Original post by iElvendork
You just need a bit more confidence, my flatmate is 6 foot, and she has a boyfriend, i think he's about 6 foot 2
If you want someone taller, you'd have no competition from me, as a 5'4" girl, I cannot date a man over 6'2", it's logistically impossible

god I feel you there, im 5'2 and date a guy who is 6'0, it's a struggle, less of an 'i feel protected' and more of an (to keep it pg) 'i can't kiss you when I barely reach your chest' 😂
god I feel you there, im 5'2 and date a guy who is 6'0, it's a struggle, less of an 'i feel protected' and more of an (to keep it pg) 'i can't kiss you when I barely reach your chest' 😂

6 foot is perfect for me, they can easily rest their chin on top of my head, it's really cute when cuddling stood up
I am a 5'6
Reply 14
Got a friend who's around 6'1 herself and she doing just fine. It wont be down to height if you have looking to date someone who genuinely like you :smile:
No women can be too tall to date, you love go to the heart and I'm sure even very tall women have about the same size heart, and i know tall women need love at least as much as normal height women. I know from my very tall fiancee, she need all my love and affection , and I give her all day Long, and she love it , no matter it's given to her from a man close to 20 cm shorter than her. Height is just a number , love I far more than a number it's a feeling that can last all life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending