The Student Room Group

Imperial College Chemistry 2018

What are the predicted grades you have applied with and what offers have been made to you in return?

(Couldn't find a thread for 2018)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Neeta211
What are the predicted grades you have applied with and what offers have been made to you in return?

(Couldn't find a thread for 2018)

I havnent got an offer but ive got an email saying they intend to make me an offer and that they just have to wait for the college registry.
predicted 3A*'s hope to find out my offer soon
Original post by bruh2132
I havnent got an offer but ive got an email saying they intend to make me an offer and that they just have to wait for the college registry.
predicted 3A*'s hope to find out my offer soon

same situ :frown:( i got my email agess ago and i just wanna know the grades. Prediction - A*A*A*a
Reply 3
Original post by AvogadrosAvocado
same situ :frown:( i got my email agess ago and i just wanna know the grades. Prediction - A*A*A*a

yh its so annoying, what subjects do you do btw and when were u interviewed?
yh its so annoying, what subjects do you do btw and when were u interviewed?

interviewed on the 29th Nov, and I do Maths, Physics Chemistry and an as in Fmaths :smile:)
Reply 5
interviewed on the 29th Nov, and I do Maths, Physics Chemistry and an as in Fmaths :smile:)

im exactly the same but i went on the 5th of December its taken ages, all of my friends have like 4/5 offers but I still only have 1 (Exeter).
What id you apply for everywhere else(im nat. sci) and how many offers do u have?
im exactly the same but i went on the 5th of December its taken ages, all of my friends have like 4/5 offers but I still only have 1 (Exeter).
What id you apply for everywhere else(im nat. sci) and how many offers do u have?

Hmmm if u count Imperial, I’ve got 3/5, still waiting on Durham and Cambridge and then have offers also from UCL and Nottingham for Chemistry 👩🏻*🔬 did u apply to NatSci at Cambridge?
Reply 7
Hmmm if u count Imperial, I’ve got 3/5, still waiting on Durham and Cambridge and then have offers also from UCL and Nottingham for Chemistry 👩🏻*🔬 did u apply to NatSci at Cambridge?

yh and at Durham and Exeter (applied for chemistry and maths at st Andrews). really annoyed at Durham for taking ages, what college did you apply for at Cambridge? I went for Churchill just at random
Reply 8

offer just came through for A*A*A in chemistry maths and physics, was hoping for lower tbh :L
offer just came through for A*A*A in chemistry maths and physics, was hoping for lower tbh :L

Yeah same, exactly same offer... was hoping for lower too but oh well :frown:(

Hmmm, think I might do a lot of work today 😜
(edited 6 years ago)
Those who had an interview what was the CAT like?
Got offered A*AA with an A* in Chemistry. Finally just got it through track
Struggled with time a lot. It had some weird questions like writing step by step procedures for mundane/everyday tasks. The first half had these long descriptive questions followed by the second half which consisted of some quick maths problems. Nothing you could really prepare for. I struggled most with the time aspect and didn’t answer any question in the second half (the maths questions) because of the time. Smart thing would’ve been to do those first as that probably would’ve been the easier part for me personally. Anyway, I don’t think they used it much this round as I probably would’ve been rejected based off my performance in that.
Thank you! :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by wombat746
Got offered A*AA with an A* in Chemistry. Finally just got it through track

Did you apply for B.Sc. chemistry? Seems like everyone else got A*A*A offers?
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Did you apply for B.Sc. chemistry? Seems like everyone else got A*A*A offers?

Yup I applied for 3 year straight BSc Chemistry. I do 4 a levels, Chem, Physics, Maths and FM (3A*, A predicted) and was offered A*AA after interview.
(edited 6 years ago)
Is A*A*A usually the normal offer for imperial chemistry then? On the website they seemed to give quite a broad range of typical 3/4 A-level offers.
Original post by wombat746
Is A*A*A usually the normal offer for imperial chemistry then? On the website they seemed to give quite a broad range of typical 3/4 A-level offers.

Yep, that's what everyone usually gets: though I think it depends how good you are at interview, whether you're MSci or BSc (MSci usually results in a higher offer), and your subject choice.

I wish I applied for BSc, they let you change to MSci during the degree anyway 😂. My friend applied for the BSc and he got an A*AA offer as well.
Are all of you guys applying for oxbridge as well?
Applied for MSci and got an offer of A*AA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending