The Student Room Group

I’m a South Asian girl that has left Islam, any questions?

About 2 years ago I left Islam and now I am agnostic. I was born into a South Asian Muslim and I see a lot of Muslims that need help when they want to leave Islam here. I am not against Islam in any way but I did not believe many of the things that the Quran teaches. Anyone have any questions? I’m a girl incase anyone’s wondering.

Scroll to see replies

What ethnicity are you
Give me examples of things you dont believe
Hello? U there
CA45E9FA-5496-466E-A723-0387B27526D8.jpeg
Have you faced much backlash from people you know for leaving?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
CA45E9FA-5496-466E-A723-0387B27526D8.jpeg

Pretty ironic that you think as such. 😅
Original post by MiszShortee786
Pretty ironic that you think as such. 😅

I don’t think you know the meaning of the word ironic :wink:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I don’t think you know the meaning of the word ironic :wink:

Maybe I don't.😅
Maybe I don't.😅

It's ok, what you don't know can't hurt you :smile:
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
It's ok, what you don't know can't hurt you :smile:

Really? Do you also say the same to educationalist too? 🤔
Really? Do you also say the same to educationalist too? 🤔

That's why you shouldn't learn about things which might lead you astray.

Not knowing makes you stronger because it means there is less which can hurt you :smile:
I'm muslim, and i would say u are free to do what ever u want. If u can't be convainced by islam so try to find ur way .
Nobody should be forced to believe in something they don't truly wish to believe in.

From a muslim, good for you and I hope many others feeling stuck in situations like this are free.
Reply 14
I guess the golden question is "why?"
Original post by Anonymous
About 2 years ago I left Islam and now I am agnostic. I was born into a South Asian Muslim and I see a lot of Muslims that need help when they want to leave Islam here. I am not against Islam in any way but I did not believe many of the things that the Quran teaches. Anyone have any questions? I’m a girl incase anyone’s wondering.

The biggest single concern i have with islam is how it (some of its followers) is said to treat apostates... meaning ex-muslims. No religion should be propagated through violence or threats. Nor should it prevent its followers including women from marrying outside that faith. Can you be open with other Muslims about this and are they still nice and just say something bland and change the subject, like a churchgoer would with someone who no longer believes (or at most just a single gentle non aggressive query as to why)? You don't fear violence? I have heard of ex muslims being denied a platform when invited at some universities to speak, because the authorities feared violent or at any event anti free speech extreme reaction from those who do not want such people to be heard.
What ethnicity are you

Bangladeshi
Give me examples of things you dont believe

Why women should cover up in order to control men’s desires
Original post by lilmunchkin18
Have you faced much backlash from people you know for leaving?

No because most of my friends aren’t religious and my family isn’t either
I'm muslim, and i would say u are free to do what ever u want. If u can't be convainced by islam so try to find ur way .

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending