The Student Room Group

Sky Graduate Scheme 2018 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Lmnopqr
I did my Marketing telephone interview in early November and they also said assessment centres would be November and December, so I think they're just keeping us in their reserves until the people they've selected have finalised their contracts etc and then we'll be getting our lovely rejection emails!

Just heard back and they've considered me for the Commercial scheme which I didn't apply for so must have kept my application in the running for that. Not sure what to do next as it requires additional questions, check your emails they may do the same for you! Would need to know when the assessment centres were running though before doing more answers..
Reply 81
Original post by Anshul.Karia
I applied in October for the marketing scheme. Did the STJ and numerical tests very soon after. Was not sent an invite for the logical test, maybe marketing roles don't require it.

Waited two months and then got an email from them telling me that the marketing programs is full, gutted. However, they have asked if I want to transfer my application to commercial which is very positive meaning they liked me.

Just a heads up to people who applied to marketing, check your emails you may have been asked to transfer your application over to commercial (or another department)

I've just received the same email, gutted too. At least it's not a rejection but I'm not sure the commercial one is exactly what I'm after. Do you know if we will have to do another phone interview after we answer the questions? It says the scheme is open till the end of Jan which probably means assessment centres would run into February. Not sure what to think
Reply 82
Original post by Travisty
I haven't yet. I was told I'd hear back this week :smile:

Did you hear back?
I was told I would hear back by today but haven't heard anything :/
Original post by hilylie
Did you hear back?
I was told I would hear back by today but haven't heard anything :/

I was told Tuesday latest as well. A bit disappointed with the organisation/lack of communication. If I've not been successful then I'd like to know sooner than later.
Reply 84
Original post by Travisty
I was told Tuesday latest as well. A bit disappointed with the organisation/lack of communication. If I've not been successful then I'd like to know sooner than later.

Just received a rejection email ))): So you should be hearing soon
Original post by hilylie
Just received a rejection email ))): So you should be hearing soon

I got the same. Ah Well :/
For anyone that applied to the software developers scheme, what kind of questions do you get in the telephone interview? Do they ask about the unattended coding test or is it behavioural questions?

Also, do you get an email/call to schedule the telephone interview? I haven't heard back since I sent my coding test a few weeks back, so any tips will be appreciated :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by 0x616c79
For anyone that applied to the software developers scheme, what kind of questions do you get in the telephone interview? Do they ask about the unattended coding test or is it behavioural questions?

Also, do you get an email/call to schedule the telephone interview? I haven't heard back since I sent my coding test a few weeks back, so any tips will be appreciated :smile:

Yes they will email you to schedule the phone interview. Mine was pretty short, the interviewer asked me about the coding test and one other question. :smile:
Original post by a*k*m1996
I had a technology telephone interview today. I was asked if I'd be available in early January for assessment centres. Maybe it's different for other schemes, but it means there are some ACs in the new year

Samee, have they contacted you about anything yet??

they told me they would get back to me by the end of last week :/
Reply 89
Are there any people who have applied for Marketing and still not heard back? I had my phone interview on the 1st of November and still haven't heard anything!! There's no way they'll get back to me by December now, really frustrated at the lack of communication
I applied for the Startegy Graduate Scheme and completed a Skype Interview early December..Anyone heard back yet? Geussing itll be after Christmas now?
Original post by Yasmin1990
Samee, have they contacted you about anything yet??

they told me they would get back to me by the end of last week :/

Hi there. I also have applied for the technology scheme. Just wondering whether you have heard anything from them yet? Thanks!
Original post by Squishy111
Hi there. I also have applied for the technology scheme. Just wondering whether you have heard anything from them yet? Thanks!

hey no they haven't yet I'm still waiting on them :frown:
I'll let you know when they do respond though
hey no they haven't yet I'm still waiting on them :frown:
I'll let you know when they do respond though

Hey. I have been asked to go to an assessment day. Have you?
Hey. I have been asked to go to an assessment day. Have you?

Congrats!!

I haven't really got anything yet, when was your interview?
Congrats!!

I haven't really got anything yet, when was your interview?

16th
Reply 96
Anyone applied to software that didn't have a lot of experience in software development? I assume from the job profile that some experience is needed.
16th

mine was on the 30th of November :/
mine was on the 30th of November :/

Oh sorry, I thought you meant for the upcoming Interview. Mine was on the 27th November
Oh sorry, I thought you meant for the upcoming Interview. Mine was on the 27th November

ohh thanks for letting me know still some hope now :smile:

I hope you do really well

Quick Reply

Latest