The Student Room Group

BMAT score

What would be a good bmat score for applying to london unis such as ucl and icl for medicine?
At UCL, they have a holistic approach and so as long as your GCSEs, predicted grades and personal statement are strong, you should be able to get in with an average score (around 4.5 in section 1 and section 2 and 3A on the essay)
Imperial’s BMAT policy is much harsher. They usually have a cut off point of around 4.5-4.7 in S1 and S2 and 2.5B in S3. They the rank the bmat scores above the cut off into band1-band4, with band 1 receiving priority, then band 2 and so on. For imperial you ideally want a score of 5+ in S1 and S2 and 3A+ in S3 as this gives you a greater chance of an interview. I think if you just meet the cut offs, you have an 8% chance of an interview
Original post by chelseafc141
At UCL, they have a holistic approach and so as long as your GCSEs, predicted grades and personal statement are strong, you should be able to get in with an average score (around 4.5 in section 1 and section 2 and 3A on the essay)
Imperial’s BMAT policy is much harsher. They usually have a cut off point of around 4.5-4.7 in S1 and S2 and 2.5B in S3. They the rank the bmat scores above the cut off into band1-band4, with band 1 receiving priority, then band 2 and so on. For imperial you ideally want a score of 5+ in S1 and S2 and 3A+ in S3 as this gives you a greater chance of an interview. I think if you just meet the cut offs, you have an 8% chance of an interview

say i took a gap year after a level and did my bmat, good work experience and i got A*A*A for bio,chem and maths and around 5 for section 1 and 2 and 3A in bmat, do i have a chance? my gcse are not that great 6As 3Bs 1D
Reply 3
With achieved A2 you should be alright at UCL but you should contact them first. Imperial though you will need a rock solid BMAT.
Original post by randomguy657
say i took a gap year after a level and did my bmat, good work experience and i got A*A*A for bio,chem and maths and around 5 for section 1 and 2 and 3A in bmat, do i have a chance? my gcse are not that great 6As 3Bs 1D

imperial don't look at gcses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending