The Student Room Group

Swapping Psychology to Neuroscience with Psychology? Advice needed

Hi! The scholarship list from my government (Im an international student) was out. However, Psychology was not listed in the list but Neurophysiology is.

1. Is Neurophysiology the same as Neuropsychology?

2. I have submitted my UCAS and it has only been a week. So, I can still change my choice. Would it be wise to swap my Psychology course into Neuroscience with Psychology? Im interested in neuroscience. The reason I didnt apply for that course initially was because my biology teacher who graduated from Cambridge said she found the Neuroscience module difficult and she almost failed it.

3. Will I have to re-write my PS to touch more on neuroscience and biology? I did write one paragraph on my interest in brain in my PS.

4. If I graduated with degree in Neuroscience with Psychology, where would this lead me to? Can I still go into the pathway to become a Clinical Psychologist?

Sorry for the lengthy post! Hope I'll get responses? :smile:
Im planning to only change course with Uni of Aberdeen (means 4 Psychology, 1 Neuroscience with Psychology)
their modules seem to touch alot on Physiology
(edited 6 years ago)
1. you need to ask what criteria they have to consider something neurophysiology.
2. Pick whichever course you feel is the best fit for you.
3.you wouldn't have to rewrite but ask the universities you've applied to if they would want an alternative statement.
4. I couldn't say whether it would meet the criteria in your home country but if it's BPS accredited you could still become a psychologist after further study in the uk.
Original post by mollylilianna
Hi! The scholarship list from my government (Im an international student) was out. However, Psychology was not listed in the list but Neurophysiology is.

1. Is Neurophysiology the same as Neuropsychology?

2. I have submitted my UCAS and it has only been a week. So, I can still change my choice. Would it be wise to swap my Psychology course into Neuroscience with Psychology? Im interested in neuroscience. The reason I didnt apply for that course initially was because my biology teacher who graduated from Cambridge said she found the Neuroscience module difficult and she almost failed it.

3. Will I have to re-write my PS to touch more on neuroscience and biology? I did write one paragraph on my interest in brain in my PS.

4. If I graduated with degree in Neuroscience with Psychology, where would this lead me to? Can I still go into the pathway to become a Clinical Psychologist?

Sorry for the lengthy post! Hope I'll get responses? :smile:
Im planning to only change course with Uni of Aberdeen (means 4 Psychology, 1 Neuroscience with Psychology)
their modules seem to touch alot on Physiology

Quick Reply

Latest