The Student Room Group

Anyone sitting the IGCSE Biology in 2018?

I will be sitting the IGCSE Biology exam in June 2018 as a mature student . Im not sure how and what to study as l have not studied for a few years! Any advice will be appreciated..😊

Scroll to see replies

Hi Accacia,

I'm sitting the IGCSE biology as a mature student in June 2018. Which exam board are you doing?
Original post by Accacia123
I will be sitting the IGCSE Biology exam in June 2018 as a mature student . Im not sure how and what to study as l have not studied for a few years! Any advice will be appreciated..😊

I'm doing IGCSE Biology in June 2018 as well (Edexcel). Just started 2 weeks ago tho...
Original post by LordFifth
I'm doing IGCSE Biology in June 2018 as well (Edexcel). Just started 2 weeks ago tho...

I'm doing Edexcel too. Good luck!
Original post by Muserock
I'm doing Edexcel too. Good luck!

Thx! Mind if I ask what ur plans are after the IGCSE? I'm planning to do either A levels or an Access course.
Thx! Mind if I ask what ur plans are after the IGCSE? I'm planning to do either A levels or an Access course.

I'm in the final year of my degree. I'm hoping to do a PGCE (teacher training) but need a science GCSE or equivalent before I can apply.
Reply 6
The CGP guides are normally pretty good.
Reply 7
r

I am planning to get into the dentistry field in a few years time so am starting from the very basics and working my way up. I will see how well l do in this exam and will also like to retake other GCSE'S such as English and Math.
make sure you understand everything stated in the syllabus http://www.cambridgeinternational.org/images/167733-2016-2018-syllabus.pdf
The examiner will never ask about anything that is not stated over there.
Reply 9
Original post by waleed99
make sure you understand everything stated in the syllabus http://www.cambridgeinternational.org/images/167733-2016-2018-syllabus.pdf
The examiner will never ask about anything that is not stated over there.

This is the CIE specification. The majority of UK students taking IGCSE will be taking Edexcel.

I'm sitting this January (just a few days from now!)
Hi do you have skype ? we can study together sometimes since the math is a bit stupid and hard
Hey, Do you have skype? we can study together sometimes Math/Bio anything just solve some past paper

u should check out shawon notes and science with hazel
hiiii does anyone know the date of the exam? i'm entered but i've still not been told the date
Original post by xoxohanaxoxo
hiiii does anyone know the date of the exam? i'm entered but i've still not been told the date

It depends which exam board it is - look it up on the exam board website.

I am hoping to retake the math GCSE [IGCSE] as I am hoping to start university possibly in the dentistry field
Original post by EfilWarlord
Hey, Do you have skype? we can study together sometimes Math/Bio anything just solve some past paper

Thank you Elfilwarlord..that is very kind of you, I managed to get a tutor for the Biology but have not started the math IGCSE as yet ..will let you know if l start the Math /Enlish soon :h:
Did anyone do paper 6 yet
Reply 19
Original post by snovvhite
Did anyone do paper 6 yet

Yeah I did, it was fairly alright, how was it for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending