Nottingham rejection - will Kings accept me?

Watch
PKB2503
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am assuming I got rejected due to a low LNAT score. I have emailed them, but I’m waiting to hear back. My chances of getting an offer at UCL is incredibly low now because they care so much about the LNAT. But I really want to go to Kings, is there a big chance I’ll get rejected from there too? I have a strong academic profile
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PKB2503)
I am assuming I got rejected due to a low LNAT score. I have emailed them, but I’m waiting to hear back. My chances of getting an offer at UCL is incredibly low now because they care so much about the LNAT. But I really want to go to Kings, is there a big chance I’ll get rejected from there too? I have a strong academic profile
No one can predict that and there's nothing you can do but wait. I wouldn't lose hope yet as there is always clearing.
PKB2503
Rep:
?
I didn’t get rejected by UCL - I got rejected by Nottingham. Im assuming I will get rejected by UCL now as my LNAT score must be low
PKB2503
Rep:
?
It’s okay, I really didn’t want to go to Nottingham! I am just worried about UCL and Kings. I just hope luck is on my side and the other elements of my application are strong enough. Wishing I never applied to 3 LNAT unis now.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It’s okay, I really didn’t want to go to Nottingham! I am just worried about UCL and Kings. I just hope luck is on my side and the other elements of my application are strong enough. Wishing I never applied to 3 LNAT unis now.
The point is, though, that Notts is easier to get into than UCL or KCL. That is why you should be worried.
PKB2503
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
The point is, though, that Notts is easier to get into than UCL or KCL. That is why you should be worried.
Yeah thanks for that mate, I know that and I said that.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah thanks for that mate, I know that and I said that.
OK. I just thought your language was curious, almost as if you were looking down on Notts. I think that would be bizarre considering they deemed you insufficiently bright to be on their sub-par course.
Gabriii
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I applied to king's for Law and french law mid November and haven't heard back from them yet. The two LNAT unis that I've applied to haven't given me anything yet so I'm assuming that they will only give out offers in Jan. Other people in my class who applied to the same unis for law haven't received any offers YET, so I think you shouldn't be too worried about king's rejecting you. Check out King's reply in this link about their LNAT requirements last year. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...law_statistics
I really hope you can get it
PKB2503
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gabriii)
Hi! I applied to king's for Law and french law mid November and haven't heard back from them yet. The two LNAT unis that I've applied to haven't given me anything yet so I'm assuming that they will only give out offers in Jan. Other people in my class who applied to the same unis for law haven't received any offers YET, so I think you shouldn't be too worried about king's rejecting you. Check out King's reply in this link about their LNAT requirements last year. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...law_statistics
I really hope you can get it
Thank you so much!! Good luck to you as well 😘
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hahaha the exact opposite actually - I regard Nottingham to be a brilliant university (just for some reason, I wasn’t in love with it like I was with the London unis). You’re just assuming - guess you like picking, trying to put people down and arguing? Thank you very much for that, I don’t need your input - think I’m bright enough as I’ve consistently got the best grades in my year for several years now. That’s a fact, not an opinion.
Well, it seems odd that "I like Notts, but I prefer City life" would be ended with an exclamation mark. It would seem you put it on the end as if it to be obvious that you wouldn't want to go there, which is most sneering given your station. Given how you responded to me, where I explained that KCL and UCL are more competitive, it seems more than likely that you were in fact sneering at Notts. As for your already having acknowledged that in the thread, on a quick glance I could not see that.

I am sure you will have more luck with the other courses.
PKB2503
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
Well, it seems odd that "I like Notts, but I prefer City life" would be ended with an exclamation mark. It would seem you put it on the end as if it to be obvious that you wouldn't want to go there, which is most sneering given your station. Given how you responded to me, where I explained that KCL and UCL are more competitive, it seems more than likely that you were in fact sneering at Notts. As for your already having acknowledged that in the thread, on a quick glance I could not see that.

I am sure you will have more luck with the other courses.
I can assure you, I am not sneering at Nottingham. My sister, cousin and so many of my friends go there - trust me, I KNOW how good Nottingham is. I think you have interpreted my comment wrong - I was just emphasising how I am okay with it, just incredibly worried about the rest of my options. I have to try and be positive about it otherwise I would become really down. I doubt it but thank you, good luck to you if you're applying this year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (28)
15.91%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (56)
31.82%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (20)
11.36%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
9.09%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (8)
4.55%
I think it's an unfair expectation (45)
25.57%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.7%

Watched Threads