The Student Room Group

P.E. components of fitness paper 1

Please can I have 5 examples for each component of fitness.
I have mocks next week and my teacher has asked for 5 examples for each and I'm struggling.
have you got a starting point? like one example for each component?

once you have one example you can try and build on that...

5 examples seem kinda hard, i can try and help you out but i need to know if you can think of any?!
Original post by emma1c
Please can I have 5 examples for each component of fitness.
I have mocks next week and my teacher has asked for 5 examples for each and I'm struggling.

There are 5 components, so are you sure you want 5 examples of each i.e 25?

It would help if you gave one example and then it would be easy to id what they wanted.

i.e cardio vascular are they after 5 sports or events or 5 examples where you use that component?

https://sites.google.com/a/stoningtonschools.org/shspe/home/5-components-of-fitness
Reply 3
Original post by clouddbubbles
have you got a starting point? like one example for each component?

once you have one example you can try and build on that...

5 examples seem kinda hard, i can try and help you out but i need to know if you can think of any?!

We have 10 components of fitness so for:
Cardiovascular endurance i have 5,000m run
Agility: Running around a player to score a try.
Strength:Being able to hold a scrum.Flexibility: I don't have one for this yet.
Muscular strength: A weight lifter in a competition.
Speed: 100m sprint competitively.
Balance: a handstand.
Co-ordination: serving in tennis.
reaction time: a goalkeeper in football when the ball is coming towards them.
Power: Pushing yourself off the wall in a competitive swimming race.
When writing the answer in an exam I will develop my ideas more.
I would choose at least 10 sports and look at how (at least five of) the components of fitness play out in each sport. It might also be easier if you look into one position if it's a team sport you're looking at.

for example,
tennis: CV fitness to last long matches (can go up to five hours for men), flexibility to increase range of movement, hand eye coordination for serving, agility to move around the court quick enough to return shots and reaction time for volleys at the net.

netball: CV fitness for playing the position of centre- as they cover most of the court and help to deliver the ball from their goal third to the opposition's goal third, muscular endurance for passes, reaction time aids in interceptions, flexibility helps with reaching the ball for an intercept or catch and hand eye coordination for catching the ball when jumping.

Also, do you mean muscular endurance as opposed to muscular strength? You already listed strength. Hope I answered this right, 50 examples seems like a bit too much.
Reply 5
Original post by expiredyoghurt
I would choose at least 10 sports and look at how (at least five of) the components of fitness play out in each sport. It might also be easier if you look into one position if it's a team sport you're looking at.

for example,
tennis: CV fitness to last long matches (can go up to five hours for men), flexibility to increase range of movement, hand eye coordination for serving, agility to move around the court quick enough to return shots and reaction time for volleys at the net.

netball: CV fitness for playing the position of centre- as they cover most of the court and help to deliver the ball from their goal third to the opposition's goal third, muscular endurance for passes, reaction time aids in interceptions, flexibility helps with reaching the ball for an intercept or catch and hand eye coordination for catching the ball when jumping.

Also, do you mean muscular endurance as opposed to muscular strength? You already listed strength. Hope I answered this right, 50 examples seems like a bit too much.

I did mean muscular endurance. Thank you so much for this, it will defiantly be a massive help :smile:
Original post by emma1c
I did mean muscular endurance. Thank you so much for this, it will defiantly be a massive help :smile:

no worries, if you need help with anymore PE GCSE stuff lmk, what exam board are you doing?
Reply 7
Original post by expiredyoghurt
no worries, if you need help with anymore PE GCSE stuff lmk, what exam board are you doing?

AQA

Quick Reply

Latest