SophieCanFly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey!

My name is Sophie and I am 15 years old. I am currently in year 10 and studying my GCSEs. Because of the way my school does GCSEs, I started most of them this year apart from Triple Science and Spanish which I started at the beginning of Year 9. I would like to get good grades without stressing out as much as I did last year. I started a GYG in order to have more motivation to study and do well.

Grades I Want

AQA English Language - 8
AQA English Literature - 7
AQA Mathematics - 6/7
AQA Biology - 8
AQA Chemistry - 8/9
AQA Physics - 7
AQA Spanish - 8/9
Edexcel History - 8
AQA Graphic Products - 7/8

After Year 11, I would like to study Psychology, Chemistry, Spanish and maybe Biology at A level, then I would like to do Psychology at university.

On my GYG, I will write about what I've been studying, how I've been doing in class tests, and all the mishaps that comes with it. You'll get a mixture of positivity and the bad days, hopefully with some colourful revision pictures along the way ☺️.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you!
SophieCanFly
Rep:
?
The Christmas Holidays

Hi again ☺️

Just thought I'd update you guys on what's been going on. I broke up for Christmas on Tuesday.

Honestly, not much has happened. I took the first day off, excluding Duolingo, and I feel much more rested for it. Today (Thursday), I made a mind map for History. It's like one we started in class, except more detailed and actually finished. I'll attach a picture below:
Name:  IMG_20171221_151111-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 56
Size:  50.7 KB

For what it is, it took me far too long to do, because Mum kept interrupting me. At least it's done now.

Over Christmas, my revision is mainly going to focus on History, because we've learned so much new stuff in this term but I haven't fully comprehended all of it yet. As well as this, I have end of unit tests coming up in Biology and Chemistry, so I'll do a bit for that.

I'm definitely gonna make a lot of time for relaxing, eating far too much food, and binge watching Sherlock :that counts as English revision right?:
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi :hi:
good luck with your gcses!! do you have mocks in jan?
just a tip but for your op, u could try changing 'spoiler' to 'expand' you don't have to change it if you don't want to
SophieCanFly
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
hi :hi:
good luck with your gcses!! do you have mocks in jan?
just a tip but for your op, u could try changing 'spoiler' to 'expand' you don't have to change it if you don't want to
Hi ☺️

Thank you! I don't have mocks in January, as I'm in year 10 my mocks aren't until June. Thanks for the tip ☺️
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SophieCanFly)
Hi ☺️

Thank you! I don't have mocks in January, as I'm in year 10 my mocks aren't until June. Thanks for the tip ☺️
no problem
you lucky child... my teachers made us do mocks in year 10, in jan, march and then june. then... they did nov mocks in year 11, proper mocks in jan (with mock results day, etc.) and then another mock in march before our actual exams in june. it was so stressful.
SophieCanFly
Rep:
?
no problem
you lucky child... my teachers made us do mocks in year 10, in jan, march and then june. then... they did nov mocks in year 11, proper mocks in jan (with mock results day, etc.) and then another mock in march before our actual exams in june. it was so stressful.
Oh my goodness... Did you do anything other than exams and correcting exams?! Sounds like it would be very stressful
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my goodness... Did you do anything other than exams and correcting exams?! Sounds like it would be very stressful
coursework in between, ofc. enough about me. how are your gcses going? are you hitting your target grades yet?
SophieCanFly
Rep:
?
coursework in between, ofc. enough about me. how are your gcses going? are you hitting your target grades yet?
They're going quite well thanks ☺️ I'm not sure if I've hit any target grades yet as we haven't had our first progress grades back yet... something to look forward to after Christmas I suppose.
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're going quite well thanks ☺️ I'm not sure if I've hit any target grades yet as we haven't had our first progress grades back yet... something to look forward to after Christmas I suppose.
that must be nerve-wracking. i hate waiting for results. but good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.1%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (72)
36.36%
There's nothing they could do (59)
29.8%

Watched Threads