The Student Room Group

What GCSE's

I don't really know what GCSE's I require for my dream job. The job being computer technician

Thank you
Well you don't really 'need' any apart from maths / English (you need more than those GCSEs obviously, but those are the important ones), but obviously computer science or IT would be helpful?
Original post by Bigmunch
I don't really know what GCSE's I require for my dream job. The job being computer technician

Thank you

What subjects are you currently studying? Also, you going to have to be more specific in what you mean by computer technician. I might be able to help you from there.
Reply 3
Original post by iTzYoBoY
What subjects are you currently studying? Also, you going to have to be more specific in what you mean by computer technician. I might be able to help you from there.

I'm currently in year 8 at secondary and we have to choose them at the end of this academic year so I want to have an idea in what I should do.
Reply 4

I'm thinking government and thank you.
I'm currently in year 8 at secondary and we have to choose them at the end of this academic year so I want to have an idea in what I should do.

Okay, fair enough. I still need to know what you mean by computer technician.
Reply 6
Okay, fair enough. I still need to know what you mean by computer technician.

Cyber security mainly
Reply 7
Cyber security mainly

If you're interested in cyber security, you should check out the Cyber Discovery government program

There are four stages and if you do well, you can progress through it and learn about cyber security.

Also take computer science.
Reply 8
Computer science or ICT
Maths
But you do need to have at least a C in English and Sciences.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by noor930
Computer science or ICT
Maths
But you do need to have at least a C in English and Sciences.

Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by Bill Nye
Well you don't really 'need' any apart from maths / English (you need more than those GCSEs obviously, but those are the important ones), but obviously computer science or IT would be helpful?

Ok cheers

Quick Reply

Latest