The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy interview 2018/19

Hey guys,
I have recently sent my UCAS application and I already received invitations for two interviews. I was offered an interview for Bradford and Birmingham. These two happened to be my top two choices! :smile: I was wondering if there is anybody who has also been offered an interview to these universities. Also if anyone could offer me any advice for the structure of the interview and the tests involved.

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by amandanv
Hey guys,
I have recently sent my UCAS application and I already received invitations for two interviews. I was offered an interview for Bradford and Birmingham. These two happened to be my top two choices! :smile: I was wondering if there is anybody who has also been offered an interview to these universities. Also if anyone could offer me any advice for the structure of the interview and the tests involved.

We have a new interview advice article here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328

It's still a bit of a work in progress so if you have any further questions please let me know and I'll get them added in :smile:
Original post by amandanv
Hey guys,

Hi there,

So I can't give you any specific discussion for the interviews, but I can give you some good tips and advice for the interviews.

Any questions than don't hesitate to ask :smile:

I'm a Physiotherapy Student at the university of Southampton.

I also had an offer from Brunel, and an interview at Brighton.

Matticus, Physiotherapy Student, http://www.youtube.com/c/MatticusC_1996
Reply 3
Original post by MatticusVLOGS
Hi there,

So I can't give you any specific discussion for the interviews, but I can give you some good tips and advice for the interviews.

Hi Matticus :smile:

Could you offer any advice such as what you wear during the interview and any tips on how to stand out to the interviewer. I know you that you can't give any specific discussion of the interview itself and it is fine if you cannot reply to these questions. I am also keen to know what happens after the interview? And congratulations to getting into Southampton!

From,
Amanda
Reply 4
Original post by Charlotte's Web
We have a new interview advice article here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328

It's still a bit of a work in progress so if you have any further questions please let me know and I'll get them added in :smile:

Thank you so much! I highly appreciate it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MatticusVLOGS
Hi there,

Hey I have an interview for physiotherapy what type of question do they ask you during the interviews
What are the tips and advice you can give, I have an interview for Brunel and Essex
Reply 7
Has anyone heard anything back from Birmingham Uni yet??
Reply 8
Hi, I have an interview for Birmingham and was wondering if you remember what questions they asked you and what was the style of the interview?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by pipcrook
Hi, I have an interview for Birmingham and was wondering if you remember what questions they asked you and what was the style of the interview?

Hey, i also have an interview at Birmingham for physiotherapy. I wanted to ask if you've attended by now, how you found the interview, what type of questions they asked and any advice or tips you could give me. I would highly appreciate any advice, thank you!
Original post by ohwow123
Hey, i also have an interview at Birmingham for physiotherapy. I wanted to ask if you've attended by now, how you found the interview, what type of questions they asked and any advice or tips you could give me. I would highly appreciate any advice, thank you!

Hi,
Yes I have done my interview and recently received my offer!
Everyone is lovely there so relax so just be yourself!
The interview consists of 3 sections. The first section is watching a video of a physio and you identify what they did well and not so well. You also read a few pages of an illness that you may not have heard of, mine was MS but it was different for everyone. You don’t have to prepare for this so don’t worry! Once you’ve read the info you present it to a lecturer(sounds scary but is really isn’t bad)- they basically want to know how you would explain info about an illness to a patient. The second section is a role play. Mine was you are an employee at an airline company and it’s gone bankrupt- you have to brake the news to a customer ( just make sure you talk about keeping in contact with them etc. they want to know about your communication skills). The final section is the general interview where they asked you two questions- this is the part where you are more likely to prepare for. My questions were what skills have you shown us throughout the different sections today and why did you chose Birmingham. I have also had interview for Northumbria, Liverpool and Cardiff if you need any advice for them! Hope this helps & best of luck!
Original post by pipcrook
Hi,
Yes I have done my interview and recently received my offer!
Everyone is lovely there so relax so just be yourself!
The interview consists of 3 sections. The first section is watching a video of a physio and you identify what they did well and not so well. You also read a few pages of an illness that you may not have heard of, mine was MS but it was different for everyone. You don’t have to prepare for this so don’t worry! Once you’ve read the info you present it to a lecturer(sounds scary but is really isn’t bad)- they basically want to know how you would explain info about an illness to a patient. The second section is a role play. Mine was you are an employee at an airline company and it’s gone bankrupt- you have to brake the news to a customer ( just make sure you talk about keeping in contact with them etc. they want to know about your communication skills). The final section is the general interview where they asked you two questions- this is the part where you are more likely to prepare for. My questions were what skills have you shown us throughout the different sections today and why did you chose Birmingham. I have also had interview for Northumbria, Liverpool and Cardiff if you need any advice for them! Hope this helps & best of luck!

Hey, thank you so much for your advice it is very useful and I really appreciate the time you took to help me. Congratulations on receiving your offer! I was just wondering if they involved any questions about work experience or if you mentioned your experience yourself. Also, if they asked any questions regarding your personal statement through the process. Thank you so much for your help.
Yes I think they did ask about work experience or at least try to mention it. Regarding personal statement, they didn’t ask me any questions personally but may be different for you the questions they ask so make sure you know it! Good luck!
Hey was just wondering if you could help me! I have my interview for Birmingham next week as-well and was just confused for the first part, does it matter if you explain how to treat the disease wrong is it more just about how you communicate with the patient? is it just you in the room or like a partner too? Thanks so much for any help! Well done on your offer too!!
Thank you!! :smile:
Regarding the first section of the interview what I took out of it was mostly communication, it will give you symptoms of the disease so I explained how a physio will be able to help. Reading the info and watching the video you are with another person but you get separate ones and then you go into individual rooms where you will present it to a lecturer. Hope that helps a little, best of luck!
Hi I’ve got an interview for Northumbria next week. Do you have any advice and could you give me an idea of what it was like?
Hi im gonna sit for an interview for Liverpool and i was wondering what type of questions they asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending