The Student Room Group

Need help with this Risk Assessment!

I’m not eligible for student finance so I will be paying £17,000 a year at university and maintenance loan for around £3,000 that’s £20,000 a year.

I have a resident permit and can work, where could I get loans to help with my education starting next or should I take a gap year and I would be eligible for student finance plus reduced tution fee.

I’ve heard about futurefinance and could also ask my bank to help
Original post by wolto
I’m not eligible for student finance so I will be paying £17,000 a year at university and maintenance loan for around £3,000 that’s £20,000 a year.

I have a resident permit and can work, where could I get loans to help with my education starting next or should I take a gap year and I would be eligible for student finance plus reduced tution fee.

Do the maths and its a complete no brainer at which option to take.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Do the maths and its a complete no brainer at which option to take.

The bank I guess?
Reply 3
no, take a gap year and get the student finance loan next year.
Reply 4
Original post by spidle
no, take a gap year and get the student finance loan next year.

Very true, can change it if I accept it on the first year as well
Original post by wolto
The bank I guess?

Do the Maths. One option is tens of thousands more expensive.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Do the Maths. One option is tens of thousands more expensive.

Which one is the best? Gap year?
Reply 7
You shouldn't waste a whole year. Those people who say 'do the maths' obviously have no idea about maths.

You need to take into the equation the whole year's graduate salary (30k?) that you will lose, unless you find a good job.
Reply 8
Original post by verier
You shouldn't waste a whole year. Those people who say 'do the maths' obviously have no idea about maths.

You need to take into the equation the whole year's graduate salary (30k?) that you will lose, unless you find a good job.

The loan I get from future finance requires me to pay £75 per month while at university and the bank will probably require me to pay minimum payments

I might be able to get student funding but that would only be 50% of what is required only because they give £9,259 and I would be paying £17,000 tution fee excluding living costs
Original post by wolto

Moved to Student Financial Support

Have you checked whether taking a gap year will definitely mean you'll get student finance?

Your bank may not help.

I don't know a huge amount about Future Finance; but I've not heard good things about them. And you have you repay whether you have an income or not.
Reply 10
Original post by Tiger Rag
Moved to Student Financial Support

Have you checked whether taking a gap year will definitely mean you'll get student finance?

Your bank may not help.

I don't know a huge amount about Future Finance; but I've not heard good things about them. And you have you repay whether you have an income or not.

Yeah I think I gap year would be fruitful and I could get my indefinite by then so I could get student finance and the right tution fees
Reply 11
Lol take the gap year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending