The Student Room Group

What can I do if I hate a subject that's not GCSE?

What can do if I hate a subject that's NOT GCSE?
you're going to need to be a bit less cryptic if you want any actual advice...
Reply 2
Somebody help me with my question
Original post by Lew Rad Lad
What can do if I hate a subject that's NOT GCSE?
Original post by Lew Rad Lad
Somebody help me with my question

I'm afraid nobody's going to help you if you can't elaborate. Your question is really confusing. Do you mean hating a non-examined subject (like core PE and PSHE)?
Reply 4
I didn't get the layout in this kind of website but I mean I do ASDAN which I didn't actually need and they made me take study period which I ****ing hate. So I feel very angry 😡 about this thing the school have convinced me to do. I need to do more GCSE's and no one will help me try to make this possible. I am in year 11 and wished I'd change it all in year 10 or 9.
Reply 5
I just do a subject that is coursework wise and is sort of related to btec or NQDC I think that's what letters they are. My parents won't even take things the right way because they think I am not in a position to criticise.
Reply 6
I didn't know which one to choose except from relationship so my question matters more and u see I do 2 subjects that are not GCSE and now year 11 which I need to do more GCSE's to continue in life properly and no one will help me make this possible so wished to change it all in yr10 or 9.
Eh, my school "tricked" a lot of us into a similar thing (DiDA). There's not much to be done if you're in year 11 already anyway, and it doesn't matter in the long run.

If you're concerned about medicine applications, universities consider A* percentages not numbers typically. So if you get 90% A*s, it's usually not much of an issue if that's over 8 GCSEs or 20. One could argue the latter is preferable but realistically your performance in A-levels will be more important in terms of how well you can actually cope with the course, and those that use such metrics are only doing so due to the huge numbers of applications they receive - these courses are easy to avoid applying to.

Outside of medicine (and vet med/dentistry) literally no university or person will care how many GCSEs you did or even what subjects you did them in, other than English/Maths and sometimes Languages if you're applying to a related course.
you're in year 11 now so it's a bit late to pick up subjects.
Reply 9
And yes I do 2 non examined subjects which I just named and need to change them but don't have long left of school in year 11.
Yeah I get your point. But what I mean is I do subjects that I didn't need at all but was convinced to take them and now am complaining about neglected things I've done to keep this up but now so ****ING regret this option to actually get what I need and only have recently been in care for unforseeable circumstances regardless of what I could of achieved to make my life better and more accurate which I'm meant to be in college now but was kept back a year in year 3 at primary school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending