The Student Room Group

Stop caring about celebrities

Seriously, how can you feel so involved in someone else's life? I just went on MSN and it was talking about how Ellen's marriage is at breaking point; honestly who cares? I mean it in a sense that why do people care?
She doesn't know you and you don't know her no matter how much you think you know her.

All these celebs have secrets and some even dark ones so it baffles me that someone can care so bloody much about Harry and Meghan that it's all they talk about for weeks.
Well I got news for you..
It's not of your business.

It doesn't involve you. Sick and tired of people giving their opinions on celebrities and gossiping about them. Is your life that empty that you need to watch reality tv and follow someone else's life to feel content with yourself?

What's your opinion on people caring about celebs and do you have the same or a different opinion?

I welcome contrasting viewpoints.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I fully agree with this. I have never cared about celebrities and I don't think I ever will. I have far better things to do with my time.
if the red top papers didn't splash all their celebs inside they'd have only 20 pages of news a day :wink: plus those celebs do pay the red tops to publicise them.
I will not stop caring, as I cannot stop doing something I don't do in the first place.
Excellently put - I was so f***ing fed up of all girls at my school continuously chattering about who and what a certain celebrity is doing :indiff:
Why do you even care, omfg - nobody's gunna commend you for it, neither your future nor the celebrities themselves - They have a talent and they're good at it. That's literally all that matters. As far as their personal f***ing lives go, why do people feel the need to voice in their opinions and feelings regarding these circumstances? As if the celebs asked for it? They don't need your hours worth of research, cyber stalking and gossips - they're bloody humans like your neighbor next door, why barge into their lives? Do these people seriously have no shame at all...? Or anything more productive to do with their sad, miserable lives...? You honestly got all the time and resources available in this world yet you choose to memorise a random person on the TV's dating life history, pregnancies, embarrassing moments, sh****y moments amongst many others -
Shame on you.
Why does it matter? Let people enjoy what they want. As long as no ones getting hurt or being creepy & stalking celebs, there's nothing wrong with being interested in them.

They put their lives out for the public to see. Without people talking about them and being interested in what they're doing, they wouldn't be celebrities would they? Like I previously said, let people enjoy what they want. Just because you think it's pointless, doesn't mean it is
Stay woke. Focus on science. Watch Rick and Morty.
Reply 7
I agree with you, but sometime I follow celebs, their story life is enjoyable and sometime inspiring, but being obsessed of them and mimic whatever they did is waste of time.
Original post by Anonymous
Why does it matter? Let people enjoy what they want. As long as no ones getting hurt or being creepy & stalking celebs, there's nothing wrong with being interested in them.

They put their lives out for the public to see. Without people talking about them and being interested in what they're doing, they wouldn't be celebrities would they? Like I previously said, let people enjoy what they want. Just because you think it's pointless, doesn't mean it is

Your statements contradict the definition of a celebrity. A celebrity is a person who's renowned, a person who's celebrated, looked up to, famed. You don't celebrate a person by being pleased from their personal lives. A personal life is what it is. Personal. It's not something you should concern yourself with. Unless of course the other person wants you to, y'know, post pictures of their husbands or wives or moments with them doing questionable ergo 'enjoyable' things which you so called fans thrive or are 'interested in'. Go ahead. My point is that just how many lines are you willing to cross due to your so called interest in a random person's life? Sure, you might be pure and smol and innocent and have no bad, bad thoughts about celebs but the harsh truth here is
you're not the only one in the world who knows about them or knows them personally. Therefore, millions of innocent people like you slightly interested in their lives look them up on every social media platform run by their other not-so-innocent fans and start spreading the same bull that gave rise to this epiphany of keeping your bs to yourself and letting those people live their damn lives.
You liked them acting in movie XYZ? F***ing good for you! Leave a comment or two on Twitteretc to commend them for it.
Really, really liked it? Well go ********** them for all I care. :indiff: At least then they'd know you. Better than spreading rumours and voicing unnecessary opinions on'em EVERYWHERE or looking up their future and past pregnancy's due dates, for God's sake.
i agree... we should just stick to TSR's celebrities.
I agree with this, it's worrying the amount of people who's lives revolve around celebrities, what they're up to, who they've dated, what food they eat, what clothes they wear. It's even worse when it's people who are famous for no reason at all, like the Kardashians. They're just people, like you or me, who only happen to be richer.

It's concerning when they copy everything the celebrity does and continually post 'omg I love you so much, I wish I was like you' on their photos as if they're going to read it and respond. It's completely one-sided. I'm not talking about people who just like a certain person, or enjoy a band's music here.

I used to be a fan of Michael Jackson and was interested in his family, but it made me feel kind of pathetic that I knew all about them, but they had no idea of my existence. I feel it's better that I focus on improving my own life and doing things for me, rather than idolising people and gossiping about someone who's never even heard of me.
Original post by Oneiropólos
Seriously, how can you feel so involved in someone else's life? I just went on MSN and it was talking about how Ellen's marriage is at breaking point; honestly who cares? I mean it in a sense that why do people care?
She doesn't know you and you don't know her no matter how much you think you know her.

All these celebs have secrets and some even dark ones so it baffles me that someone can care so bloody much about Harry and Meghan that it's all they talk about for weeks.

It doesn't involve you. Sick and tired of people giving their opinions on celebrities and gossiping about them. Is your life that empty that you need to watch reality tv and follow someone else's life to feel content with yourself?

What's your opinion on people caring about celebs and do you have the same or a different opinion?

I also think we should give celebrities less attention.

After all, they are only celebrities because WE made them so.

Honestly couldn't care less about celebrities and that includes the royal family or footballers.

People are struggling for money, employment, food, jobs, there are major problems with immigration etc the life of celebrities who make millions of pounds and live in comfort and protection from reality doesn't bother me at all.

I honestly couldn't care less about the Royal babies or wedding when I have a job to find or bills to pay same about footballers buying million pound cars or houses. It is not as if they are thinking of the average person struggling to make ends meet so I see no point worshipping celebrities.

Try for a little more apathy, you're giving a "protest too much" vibe off here.
Original post by Tootles
Try for a little more apathy, you're giving a "protest too much" vibe off here.

Why would I want to try for a little more apathy? I'm ranting about my topic.
there's the problem. You went on MSN.
You're totally right. There's much more serious, and quite frankly, interesting news that needs to be reported.

Would anybody care if an ordinary couple got a divorce? Probably not. But when it's Brangelina, the world goes into meltdown. It's actually explained, in a way, in Plato's Cave Analogy, and it's very interesting indeed and worth studying/thinking about.

If it's what people enjoy, then I won't stand in the way of it nor insult their interests, however they should consider developing their life so that they can focus more on that rather on the mere lives' of celebs :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
lOL i DON'T KNOW WHY THERE'S A LINK TO THE PIC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending