The Student Room Group

Belief in Santa is the same as belief in God,Discuss

What do people think?

Scroll to see replies

as a Christian i fully accept the reality of St Nicholas & the Almighty, whose glorious will he obeys.
Original post by the bear
as a Christian i fully accept the reality of St Nicholas & the Almighty, whose glorious will he obeys.

I forgot to put "and just as ridiculous"
What's wrong with believing in Santa? We all need a little something to believe in. :biggrin:
yeah. just more people believe in religion than santa.
Original post by will'o'wisp2

https://img.memecdn.com/oh-stop-it-you_o_269900.jpg
Original post by will'o'wisp2

Was this the purpose of ur thread
Why not let people believe whatever they want to?
This is why some atheists are the most arrogant out there
Pathetic
Pretty much, except Saint Nicholas was a real individual, so not the same at all? IDK
I'd say they're the opposite. You teach your kids about Santa so that they learn to not just believe everything they're told/read.
wth r u on about lmao
Original post by nexttime
I'd say they're the opposite. You teach your kids about Santa so that they learn to not just believe everything they're told/read.

"You teach your kids about Santa" lool r u for real. This sounds so dumb what is there to teach hahah
In some religions its acc required and necessary not to blindly follow, didnt u know that ?
Reply 12
I believed both when I was a kid, now I think they're just childhood stories.
Ohh lol nope never lmao
yes
Original post by EA436
"You teach your kids about Santa" lool r u for real. This sounds so dumb what is there to teach hahah

Not sure if serious?

We actively teach our children that there is a white bearded man who wears red, who comes down the chimney, who delivery presents but only to good children, who has reindeer (who each have names, which we also teach), who has elves, who lives at the North pole, who who you need to write a letter to and leave milk for... need i go on? You could pretty much turn it into a GCSE exam :p:

In some religions its acc required and necessary not to blindly follow, didnt u know that ?

Questioning God is punishable by death in some countries. Didn't you know that?
You don't really need a religion to believe in God.
Original post by nexttime
Not sure if serious?

We actively teach our children that there is a white bearded man who wears red, who comes down the chimney, who delivery presents but only to good children, who has reindeer (who each have names, which we also teach), who has elves, who lives at the North pole, who who you need to write a letter to and leave milk for... need i go on? You could pretty much turn it into a GCSE exam :p:

Questioning God is punishable by death in some countries. Didn't you know that?

OK so thats educating lol..

Blindly following means following all aspects of religion without understating them.
It doesn't necessarily mean you don't question God
Well i did think it would be interesting to see but after GCSE RE I didn't think Christianity was appealing
Plus i wouldn't understand the stuff in the OT anyways
Original post by EA436
OK so thats educating lol..

I'm really not sure what you don't understand here. We're talking about 2-4 year olds. Yes, that amount of info (plus a whole bunch more Christmas-related folklore) is about the level they are at.

Blindly following means following all aspects of religion without understating them.
It doesn't necessarily mean you don't question God

So you are not blindly following god, but under no circumstances are you allowed to question said god?

Quick Reply

Latest