The Student Room Group

What grades / qualifications do i need to become a police officer?

Hello i was wondering what grades / qualifications do i need to become a police officer?

Scroll to see replies

btec lv 2 public service
Original post by Needhelplmao
Hello i was wondering what grades / qualifications do i need to become a police officer?

No formal qualifications necessary
Original post by Ray_Shadows
btec lv 2 public service

Thanks bro
Original post by Kyber Ninja
No formal qualifications necessary

Thanks bro
Thanks bro

Btw, the other person was taking the piss, you genuinely don't need any qualifications. You apply through a branch and you'd have sit written tests and physical ones, along with an interview.
Btw, the other person was taking the piss, you genuinely don't need any qualifications. You apply through a branch and you'd have sit written tests and physical ones, along with an interview.

um no i wasn't , i just heard from my college that taking public services was a good option if u were at college and wanted to be a police cop
um no i wasn't , i just heard from my college that taking public services was a good option if u were at college and wanted to be a police cop

He asked what qualifications you NEEDED. A public service btec is useless and no employer will insist on you having it.
Original post by TheJohnM
He asked what qualifications you NEEDED. A public service btec is useless and no employer will insist on you having it.

aw shoot , i just assumed this guy was still at school my bad

Your serious? I'm currently doing level 2 media should i continue to level 3 instead doing public service?

Yh someone told me that too, thanks for the advice.

I'm currently doing level 2 media should i continue to level 3 instead doing public service?
aw shoot , i just assumed this guy was still at school my bad

I'm currently at college.
I'm currently at college.

I'm currently doing level 2 media should i continue to level 3 instead doing public service?

Yh someone told me that too, thanks for the advice.

my point exactly john
Your serious? I'm currently doing level 2 media should i continue to level 3 instead doing public service?

Do whichever you prefer, I doubt it would make a huge difference if the force doesn't require qualifications in the first place. I guess carry on with media as a back up, since Level 3 > Level 2

In chronological order:
A-Levels: Chemistry(A), Sociology(A), PE(B)
CPK - Certification
BTECH Public Service
BSc Criminology
MSc Policing
MPhil Social Policy & Crime Prevention
PhD Criminal Justice
Should guarantee you a role as an entry-level officer.
Original post by adamantacademic
In chronological order:
A-Levels: Chemistry(A), Sociology(A), PE(B)
CPK - Certification
BTECH Public Service
BSc Criminology
MSc Policing
MPhil Social Policy & Crime Prevention
PhD Criminal Justice
Should guarantee you a role as an entry-level officer.

What would be the point of being an officer then, when you could be a post-doctorate earning 33k?

Thanks bro
What would be the point of being an officer then, when you could be a post-doctorate earning 33k?

I know, but it would still guarantee you employment within the force

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending