The Student Room Group

Macbeth English

(Im doing AQA 2018 9-1 exams)I am confsed in how I will be assessed on Macbeth English in my 2018 exams. People have said just make key theme and character notes and you'll be fine. Some people say you need to apparently know the acts and scenes of Macbeth. Apparently i need to know form/structure and language and I don't understand this can someone clarify the possible styles of questions and how i would structure a response, thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by michael08
(Im doing AQA 2018 9-1 exams)I am confused in how I will be assessed on Macbeth English in my 2018 exams. People have said just make key theme and character notes and you'll be fine. Some people say you need to apparently know the acts and scenes of Macbeth. Apparently, i need to know form/structure and language and I don't understand this can someone clarify the possible styles of questions and how i would structure a response, thanks

I'm currently in year 11 and did my GCSE English Literature in year 10 and I achieved an 8. I also studied Macbeth.

To be honest, I didn't really revise for my exam but was really confident despite the fact that I didn't make any notes on Macbeth.

I would get an A3 paper for each character and write quotes for each theme and analyse language, structure, form etc

If you want any help I can help
Reply 2
Original post by randomuser5678
I'm currently in year 11 and did my GCSE English Literature in year 10 and I achieved an 8. I also studied Macbeth.

To be honest, I didn't really revise for my exam but was really confident despite the fact that I didn't make any notes on Macbeth.

I would get an A3 paper for each character and write quotes for each theme and analyse language, structure, form etc

When im analysing charactar or theme in either inspector calls or macbeth, what are the things in need to include to get top marks. Like i need to do a P.E.E and then form,structure or language and context but whatelse, can someone please clarify it... im doing 2018 macbdeth aqa 9-1
Original post by michael08
When im analysing charactar or theme in either inspector calls or macbeth, what are the things in need to include to get top marks. Like i need to do a P.E.E and then form,structure or language and context but whatelse, can someone please clarify it... im doing 2018 macbdeth aqa 9-1

I also studied An Inspector Calls

Use this to help you
Queen Lola Makes Fantastic Crust Sandwiches

Q= refer back to the question and QUOTE
for example, the question is: how does Priestley present the character as Eric'
Priestley presents Eric as powerless........
L=language analysis of quotes
M=method
analyse the methods used (dramatic device is significant in Macbeth and AIC) If none have been used then talk about characterisation - only higher able students are aware of it
F=form
key to the play
form isn't just about that it is about:
what the characters say about each other
what the setting say about the character (Macbeth)
C=context
embed this throughout- you can talk about this when writing about form, methods or language make sure you LINK it to the Question
S=Structure
most candidates have another paragraph for structure. DON'T DO THAT. Embed quotes (You don't even need to write quotes) as long as you analyse what you've written and link to context

Do three paragraphs
As AIC has three acts for whatever question do a paragraph for the first act as this is cohesive as it demonstrates how the character has changed (if they have) the second paragraph for second act third paragraph for third act

Also have a introduction and conclusion

i really do need help im in yr 9 and we r studying macbeth and im confused
what are you confused about?
Original post by larysll1234
i really do need help im in yr 9 and we r studying macbeth and im confused
ommggggg. I did my exam in year 10 too, I studied Macbeth as well and got an 8 overall!! I was also a year 11 student last year. im shook!:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending