The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure we all know what Fortnite is if you don't you've probably been living in a hole for the past 3 months. Fortnite has stormed the gaming world with over 30 million players and a peak player count of 1.3 million, no-one and I mean no-one expected it to reach these levels. It is a free-to play game and over half of it's users are school children. Personally, I played it and got bored of it straight away because of the poor bullet registration and unbalanced guns. So, I put the question to you is it overrated?
yes

PUBG>fortnite
Original post by Ray_Shadows
yes

PUBG>fortnite

I agree with you
Original post by ThEpOLiTiCaLgUy
I'm sure we all know what Fortnite is if you don't you've probably been living in a hole for the past 3 months. Fortnite has stormed the gaming world with over 30 million players and a peak player count of 1.3 million, no-one and I mean no-one expected it to reach these levels. It is a free-to play game and over half of it's users are school children. Personally, I played it and got bored of it straight away because of the poor bullet registration and unbalanced guns. So, I put the question to you is it overrated?

Nah I love the game.
Reply 5
I think all the battle royale games are great as the genre of pvp really appeals to me. For me though there is no best they all suit a purpose for me

The best part about fortnite is the building aspect and quick games and the guranteed weapons in literally every location (never feel hopeless)

I love pubg for the realism and better feel but sometimes the map can be just too big and alot of games are boring for the most part (I'm looking at you desert map :colonhash:)

Yesterday and 2 friends were playing on the desert map, landed in pecado and for legit 20 minutes we saw absolutely no one and got top 10 then killed 2 guys and thats it.

To me Fortnite has replaced H1z1 because the only reason I still played that sometimes was if I didnt want long games of pubg.
yh, hunger games on minecraft is better
It's very overrated but so it' PUBG. Graphics and gameplay seem to go downhill these days. There are games out for 10 years with better controls and less bugs. I dont mind playing indie games (stardew anyone) but please work out your problems before releasing a game.
Reply 8
Original post by ThEpOLiTiCaLgUy

It stormed the gaming world because it is free. It wouldn't done that well if you had to actually play it. Either way, Fortnite isn't very appealing for me.
Definitely, the people at my school make it into something that is perfect. I know this cannot be so
It's just one of those fad games really, like Pokémon. The popularity is of course helped by the fact that it's free and uncomplicated, it's fun but it's not an amazing game however you look at it. H1 and PUBG would have reached the same level of popularity if they also were freely available to the console kiddies.
In Fortnite, you can't aim down sights. I can't stand not knowing exactly where I'm going to be shooting, so I'll always consider this game to be overrated.
I played it a little bit but didn't really enjoy it and stopped. I can see why people like it though as for a free to play game it is actually quite well designed, and the fact that it is much cheaper and more accessible to a wider audience then PUBG probably helps make up for the player growth and increase in popularity.
Yea it's overrated lol the game is PUBG but a more childish version. the game blew up because its free, thats all
Witcher 3 is the best
It's a much more casual game which is easier making it more accessible to a wider audience. In my opinion, PUBG is a much more well presented game, even if the graphics can look sub par due to the lack of optimisations. PUBG has much more depth than Fortnite BR which is a big plus for me but the learning curve and lack of tutorial really hinder it.

You also have to note that Fortnite has a much larger development team than PUBG making it less buggy and more optimised.

As countless people have said, you go with PUBG to get a more "realistic" feel of a survival shooter with depth and Fortnite if you are very casual about the games you play and just want to blow off steam.
Ehh, I might have considered playing it before people got really popular. I play a lot of BR (1k hours on Arma and PUBG BR). Fortnite has a learning cliff when it comes to muscle memory for building and different strats. PUBG is far more simplistic and aim orientated.

Plus, who plays TPP BR? FPP is so much better.
Fortnite's developers are constantly adding things into the game. It isn't pay to win either, and has potential. I love the building controls and games are often pretty enjoyable. The game overall is meant to have some humour. Only downside is when they try to change something in the game, sometimes they crash the game and it takes forever to come back online, or the social option may not work, but the developers are always online and post constantly on twitter when this happens, to update the users.
Original post by hugebrain
yh, hunger games on minecraft is better

only real MVPs know this :biggrin:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
only real MVPs know this :biggrin:

Minecraft=£18
Fortnite=£0

18>0

Latest