The Student Room Group

Average gcses to highest A-Level predictions in my school AMA

As above..I'm bored
What a-level subjects are you studying?
Reply 2
Original post by CashBlack
What a-level subjects are you studying?

Biology, chemistry, business and economics (and EPQ)
Original post by Light.Y
Biology, chemistry, business and economics (and EPQ)

What universities have you applied to? Which course? What are your predicted grades? How did you study for biology and Chemistry?
Reply 4
Original post by Light.Y
As above..I'm bored

What are you a level predictions?
Reply 5
Original post by CashBlack
What universities have you applied to? Which course? What are your predicted grades? How did you study for biology and Chemistry?

the course varies in terms of the title but its mainly business/economics related. applied to LSE (pending) Nottingham (pending) Loughborough (pending) Cardiff (offer) Lancaster (offer) predicted grades A*A*A*AA including A* in epq. biology and chemistry as follows: listen in class don't try and rush everything down and confuse yourself but rather really try and engage with the lesson ask questions and get a good grasp of the topic. then when you go home/library write up the notes for that topic (which will become a lot easier if you paid attention and asked questions) when making the notes good idea to have the spec out in front of you to make sure you know what you need to know. do the summary questions at the end of each aqa textbook page and also the main summary topic questions. anything you get wrong go over again and perhaps note it on a flash card. remember practice questions outweigh making notes look pretty. reccomended websites: www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk and Vbio. asking questions and trying for class tests will get you good predictions
What were your GCSE grades, and as has already been asked, what are your A-level predictions? And what would you attribute this change to?
Reply 7
Original post by chemistryguy123
What are you a level predictions?

A*A*A*AA (if you go to a private school I'm probably an average joe to you lol)
Reply 8
Original post by Light.Y
A*A*A*AA (if you go to a private school I'm probably an average joe to you lol)

No you’re definitely more than an average joe. They’re amazing
What course at lse and why not do maths
Reply 10
Original post by dsmith23
What were your GCSE grades, and as has already been asked, what are your A-level predictions? And what would you attribute this change to?

5As 5Bs gcse. main thing would be: time management (don't cram start early) set yourself rules (eg 5 hours a day) realising practice questions and finding your weak points and then eliminating them is way more important than making cool notes / colourful posters (your tricking yourself into thinking your learning with colours) and lastly realising environment is key. don't revise with a tonne of your mates your wasting time... only 1/2/3 or preferably none at all when you're revising you need to be in the ZONE for you to remember stuff. music with lyrics is not great either
Reply 11
Original post by Appleorpear
What course at lse and why not do maths

econ history and just because my teachers advised me against it due to B gcse. plus you don't need maths a level really. already got 2 offers from respectable unis for econ but in retrospect, i would have done maths and not listened to my teacher....

Quick Reply

Latest