The Student Room Group

Why do you drink fizzy drinks, and how often? I don't.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I have them every once in a few months. They trigger my migraines. Which is such a pity since I have a bottle of Club Orange rock shandy in the fridge from home and I really want it. :cry2:
Original post by 1010marina
If you drink a 500ml bottle (not a can) you've had about 54g sugar - some of the Starbucks Grande drinks ~450 ml contain 60g+! This was actually blew up in the news before xmas, and *so* many people were shocked by it..

Of course, depends what you order & if you go for coke/diet/zero/life, etc., as to which is worse for you. And Pepsi at least contains aspartame, etc.

But it's definitely worth noting

Yeah my bad. I should have looked it up.

Those numbers are ****ing insane! Never going Costa either.

Apologies :smile:
twice a week I think. And why? Maybe the reason is that I like them, their taste
Reply 83
:pepsi:
Very infrequently, every few months or so. Small bottle of coke, if I fancy a brandy, and I'm on the booze at the time (usually teetotal). Dr.Pepper or Irn Bru with the occasional once monthly take away. Otherwise I stear clear. 30 teaspoons of sugar per can, not recommended on a regular basis!
Original post by Glassapple
Of course I've drank fizzy drinks before, but I haven't for years now. The studies about weight gain, tooth decay and addiction just stop me ever thinking about drinking them. Every day I see people drinking one, two, three or more fizzy drinks, and I don't understand why, after the evidence has been so clearly presented, that so many people still drink them and so frequently.

Why do you drink them and how often? I see them as a health pollutant that's just not worth consuming and honestly, I don't like the taste of them anyway.

One could argue that drinking alcohol as regularly as you do is far more harmful than drinking fizzy drinks. Liver Cirrhosis. Increase in blood pressure --> Increase in risk of suffering from heart disease/stroke. The list goes on.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
One could argue that drinking alcohol as regularly as you do is far more harmful than drinking fizzy drinks. Liver Cirrhosis. Increase in blood pressure --> Increase in risk of suffering from heart disease/stroke. The list goes on.

One could argue that I exaggerated how regularly I drink alcohol because I was incredibly drunk and upset when I made that thread. I don't actually drink that much but being drunk I was feeling sorry for myself and wanted a response; I didn't want the thread to be ignored at the time. I know all about the harm alcohol can do, thank you for your concern.
I have fanta occasionally, but i dont really like any other fizzy drinks. I especially dont like coke.

Quick Reply

Latest