The Student Room Group

How do I revise...? (Stuart Britain 1603-1702)

So, I literally have no idea in how to revise for Stuart Britain 1603-1702 in history.

My targets an A and wellllllllllllll I need to revise in order to get that lol. Plus I have a mock on January 8th, need to revise up to Charles II.

How do you guys revise?
Hi I'm doing Stuart Britain too (with a mock on 8 or 9th as well) I'm basically going to create mind maps of everything in the textbook, then make flash cards from the notes as well as maybe essay plans of the different key questions we might get. I haven't started yet but thats my long term goal.

what else are you studying? I'm doing Nazi Germany
Reply 2
Original post by CinnamonSmol
Hi I'm doing Stuart Britain too (with a mock on 8 or 9th as well) I'm basically going to create mind maps of everything in the textbook, then make flash cards from the notes as well as maybe essay plans of the different key questions we might get. I haven't started yet but thats my long term goal.

what else are you studying? I'm doing Nazi Germany

That's what I did..... for James I finance and nothing else -_-

I'm doing Cold War in addition to Stuarts.
I need to get to revising ASAP.
Original post by Romeo203
That's what I did..... for James I finance and nothing else -_-

I'm doing Cold War in addition to Stuarts.
I need to get to revising ASAP.

I don't think I'm going to manage to complete my notes for all my subjects before my mock yikes. oh well, still early days I guess.

I don't know whether it'll help for Cold War, but HistoryLearningSite and Britannica are really good websites for Stuarts and describes all of the different subject sections really well
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
I don't think I'm going to manage to complete my notes for all my subjects before my mock yikes. oh well, still early days I guess.

I don't know whether it'll help for Cold War, but HistoryLearningSite and Britannica are really good websites for Stuarts and describes all of the different subject sections really well

Nor am I :/
And thanks a lot.

Good luck on your mocks, lemme know how it goes :P.
Gonna get to revising now lol
Original post by Romeo203
Nor am I :/
And thanks a lot.

Good luck on your mocks, lemme know how it goes :P.
Gonna get to revising now lol

you too! hope you do well :smile:
did you figure this out? I'm doing the Stuarts and the Cold War too exams not long now :indiff:
good luck everyone! any predictions on what might come up?
Since Stuart’s is a breadth study, do the main causal factors as mind maps (religion, finance, foreign policy etc) and then do key events and figures (civil wars, pym etc) DONT DO PAST PAPERS UNTIL YOUVE DONE THE CONTENT (otherwise you’re looking at mark schemes too early)
good luck everyone! any predictions on what might come up?

Since AS had finance and reformation, I reckon it may be religion and Cromwell
Ok so i’m meant to do an essay answering the question “How far do you agree that the most important cause of tension between Crown and Parliament in the years 1603 to 1625 was James I’d Religious Policy” and my teacher cannot explain anytbing well so I have no clue how to write this essay. I have time until next monday, can anyone help?
Reply 11
Original post by zajam1
Ok so i’m meant to do an essay answering the question “How far do you agree that the most important cause of tension between Crown and Parliament in the years 1603 to 1625 was James I’d Religious Policy” and my teacher cannot explain anytbing well so I have no clue how to write this essay. I have time until next monday, can anyone help?

Hey, sorry for a late response but I would suggest doing 3 paras, 1 agreeing that religion was the main cause, eg. recusancy fines, Gunpowder plot, millenary petition. Then one para on James I extravagant spending eg. Ante-supper, Shirley's case and one para on the dispute between parliamentary privilege vs royal prerogative eg. Buckinghamshire elections, form of apology and satisfaction.

Hope that helped a little!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending