The Student Room Group

Can i still get into university?

Hello, i was just wondering if i could get into university dispite not doing history or geography at gcse level; chose to do religious studies and business instead. I want to study religious studies at uni, but am unsure whether not studying one/ both of these subjects means that i cannot apply for a course.
You'll find all the entry requirements online.
I would suggest going onto the websites of the universities that you’re thinking of applying to and checking their requirements. If they require any particular A-Levels it will be on there. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Cca140501
Hello, i was just wondering if i could get into university dispite not doing history or geography at gcse level; chose to do religious studies and business instead. I want to study religious studies at uni, but am unsure whether not studying one/ both of these subjects means that i cannot apply for a course.

They are unlikely to be required GCSEs for any Theology / Religious Studies courses at university.

So yes, you can.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Cca140501

Hello, I have applied to study theology at uni this year. I also did not take history/geography at GCSE (and took business and RE) and have received offers from 4 good unis (Durham, Exeter, Bristol, Lancaster). I also had an interview at Oxford and am waiting to hear the result of that. In researching where to apply, nobody seemed to specify GCSE subjects so you shouldn't have any problems. Best of luck.
Reply 5
Original post by Duncan2012
You'll find all the entry requirements online.

Thank you! I will check some out now.
Reply 6
Original post by Crazygal9989
I would suggest going onto the websites of the universities that you’re thinking of applying to and checking their requirements. If they require any particular A-Levels it will be on there. :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by Doonesbury
They are unlikely to be required GCSEs for any Theology / Religious Studies courses at university.

So yes, you can.

Thank you
Reply 8
Original post by T0ucan
Hello, I have applied to study theology at uni this year. I also did not take history/geography at GCSE (and took business and RE) and have received offers from 4 good unis (Durham, Exeter, Bristol, Lancaster). I also had an interview at Oxford and am waiting to hear the result of that. In researching where to apply, nobody seemed to specify GCSE subjects so you shouldn't have any problems. Best of luck.

Thank you, and good luck with your Oxford interview (+ getting into university an general!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending