The Student Room Group

Is it better to be honest and poor or dishonest and rich?

I had this intriguing conversation with my friends the other day and this is one of the topics that arose. So what is your opinion on this matter Tsrians?

Is it better to be honest and poor or dishonest and rich?

Looking forward to your opinions. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

dishonest and rich

honesty mean jackshit in everything nowadays e.g applying for uni's,relationships etc
Reply 2
hpnest and poor, just seems right lol
If I was honest when writing my personal statement half the **** wouldn't even be in there
Well sometimes being honest may get you in trouble and being dishonest might get you out so I’m sorry if I HAD to pick one I’d say dishonest and rich.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
dishonest and rich

honesty mean jackshit in everything nowadays e.g applying for uni's,relationships etc

One must not forget that honesty is an essential quality in a human nonetheless it is not prevalent nowadays.

Remember also theres also the aspect of money perishing as well. Money comes and money goes.
Original post by MiszShortee786
One must not forget that honesty is an essential quality in a human nonetheless it is not prevalent nowadays.

Remember also theres also the aspect of money perishing as well. Money comes and money goes.

i could honestly give less ****s
Original post by 1245_j
hpnest and poor, just seems right lol

How may I ask?
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i could honestly give less ****s

Liking your honesty Mr Shawdows. :tongue:
Depends who you're being dishonest to in order to get rich, I'd probably go with dishonest and rich 😁
Neither, honest and rich :smile:

Honest can also create all sorts of problems though - some times it is better to tell small lies, not to hurt people.
dishonesty and rich. Our society values honesty less nowadays.
Honest and poor. I would feel guilty if I got rich dishonestly.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
Depends who you're being dishonest to in order to get rich, I'd probably go with dishonest and rich 😁

Bad habits die hard as they say! So once you have got into the habit of lying you will remain in it for some time. You cant just brush it off just because you have your ultimatum.
Bad habits die hard as they say! So once you have got into the habit of lying you will remain in it for some time. You cant just brush it off just because you have your ultimatum.

Well once I'm rich I could just stop being dishonest right? Also it depends on who you're being dishonest to, if it's coworkers and clients or family and friends etc
Liking your honesty Mr Shawdows. :tongue:

not at all mrs short
Original post by Jack22031994
Neither, honest and rich :smile:

Honest can also create all sorts of problems though - some times it is better to tell small lies, not to hurt people.

Do you mean white lies? If so they would start off small and keep increasing until theres no way out.
Original post by RickHendricks
dishonesty and rich. Our society values honesty less nowadays.

So you will follow the crowds? Because one of the elements it now worthless as such?
Original post by Kevin Hodge
Honest and poor. I would feel guilty if I got rich dishonestly.

Same. I rather live the poor life mayne. :h:
Do you mean white lies? If so they would start off small and keep increasing until theres no way out.

Yeah - white lies, Not with me - just use them to avoid hurting peoples feelings unnecessarily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending