The Student Room Group

NEED ADVICE!What should I do about revision for 2018 GCSEs & how 2 revise for science

I’m in year 11,doing GCSEs and taking the exams in 2018...it’s like 4 months away until exam time I think...I’d like some advice from people who have already done their GCSEs... what were you doing about this time...how well did you do...how did you revise...how much did you revise etc, and what is your advice for me.

Also...HOW DO I REVISE SCIENCE!! Like there is so much and it’s not like History for an example where you can split it up into sections and mindmap it or something, like periods, or social classes etc
With science there is just so mucchhhhh...how do I revise it...where do I start??
Hey, I'm doing GCSEs in 2018 too!

Have you got a textbook for Science? Are you doing Combined, Single or Triple Science?

I think that you should probably revise for at least three hours a day (use a study timetable to help you with what to revise).

Alternatively, you can use a website called Tassomai to help you with Science. They say that 90% of the people that use Tassomai get a C/4 and above in their Science GCSE!

Hope I helped!
Reply 2
Hi
I have a CGP revision guide and we are allowed to borrow textbooks from school as long as we bring them back. I am doing triple science. I will check out Tassomai - have you used it yourself?

Thank you and good luck with your exams
Original post by erinlucy
I’m in year 11,doing GCSEs and taking the exams in 2018...it’s like 4 months away until exam time I think...I’d like some advice from people who have already done their GCSEs... what were you doing about this time...how well did you do...how did you revise...how much did you revise etc, and what is your advice for me.

Also...HOW DO I REVISE SCIENCE!! Like there is so much and it’s not like History for an example where you can split it up into sections and mindmap it or something, like periods, or social classes etc
With science there is just so mucchhhhh...how do I revise it...where do I start??

What is your predicted grade
Reply 4
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Hey, I'm doing GCSEs in 2018 too!

Have you got a textbook for Science? Are you doing Combined, Single or Triple Science?

I think that you should probably revise for at least three hours a day (use a study timetable to help you with what to revise).

Alternatively, you can use a website called Tassomai to help you with Science. They say that 90% of the people that use Tassomai get a C/4 and above in their Science GCSE!

Hope I helped!

Hi
I have a CGP revision guide and we are allowed to borrow textbooks from school as long as we bring them back. I am doing triple science. I will check out Tassomai - have you used it yourself?

Thank you and good luck with your exams
Reply 5
Original post by GcseStudent9
What is your predicted grade

I am predicted a 7
I am predicted a 7

That's higher than me lol! And yes I have used Tassomai it's very good!
I'm predicted a 6
Reply 8
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
That's higher than me lol! And yes I have used Tassomai it's very good!

Ahaha, predicted grades don’t mean a thing though, I could get a lot lower than my predicted, and you could get a lot higher than yours
Reply 9
how did you find science mocks?so much maths:angry: also use free science lessons on youtube,he is very good
Reply 10
Original post by lolu123
how did you find science mocks?so much maths:angry: also use free science lessons on youtube,he is very good

Ugh.
Well I got in the 70th and 80th percentile for Bio and Chem, can’t remember which way round though, and I did absolutely awful in physics...let’s just say I got lower than 50th percentile and leave it at that - but yeah there is quite a bit of maths, which is okay if you can remember the formulas but there’s sooo manyyyy.
I’ll check out the YouTube vids, thanks.
How did you do?

Hey I’m in Year 11 to so we’re all in the same boat. For the science issue I’ve got a post on my GYG coming out about I revise Science so I’ll tag you in it when I post it ; Friday 5th Jan :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Ugh.
Well I got in the 70th and 80th percentile for Bio and Chem, can’t remember which way round though, and I did absolutely awful in physics...let’s just say I got lower than 50th percentile and leave it at that - but yeah there is quite a bit of maths, which is okay if you can remember the formulas but there’s sooo manyyyy.
I’ll check out the YouTube vids, thanks.
How did you do?

I will get my results after Christmas but I know I did quite bad in bio and chem but decent in physics
Reply 13
Original post by faithoshxo
Hey I’m in Year 11 to so we’re all in the same boat. For the science issue I’ve got a post on my GYG coming out about I revise Science so I’ll tag you in it when I post it ; Friday 5th Jan :smile:

Okay thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest