The Student Room Group

Tips for learning Spanish.

I am studying Spanish for gcse and i am learning the language at home using Babbel.Learning a different language is actually OK for me but i just think i need some kind of advice on it?:smile:
Original post by donut_mckenzie28
I am studying Spanish for gcse and i am learning the language at home using Babbel.Learning a different language is actually OK for me but i just think i need some kind of advice on it?:smile:

Hey, I did GCSE Spanish, so I can try and help?
What advice do you need?
Original post by coffee_bubbles
Hey, I did GCSE Spanish, so I can try and help?
What advice do you need?
i need a way to 'memorise' or remember the verb rules whilst speaking Spanish. I HOPE you can help me become a better spanish learner.:smile:
Just find different revision techniques that work for you. Have u tried using Quizlet ? :smile:
Original post by Lilsthebest
Just find different revision techniques that work for you. Have u tried using Quizlet ? :smile:
i should give it a go!:O
i should give it a go!:O

:smile:
Reply 6
you could try the app HiNative, its free and allows you to ask native spanish speakers questions about the language,culture and country and they can correct you on sentences etc. it works vice versa and english learners can ask you questions
Hi, I'm a spanish native speaker, so I might be of some help. Verbs just come natural to me, so I can't really explain to you how to learn them, but I think that the best way to learn a language is practicing, not memorising. At least, that's how I learned english.
Original post by Stakanovicius
Hi, I'm a spanish native speaker, so I might be of some help. Verbs just come natural to me, so I can't really explain to you how to learn them, but I think that the best way to learn a language is practicing, not memorising. At least, that's how I learned english.

thankyou so much:smile:
i need a way to 'memorise' or remember the verb rules whilst speaking Spanish. I HOPE you can help me become a better spanish learner.:smile:

Yeah, it’s good to primarily just practise the verb forms and use them as much as possible
There’s a book which is pretty good with practise stuff, it’s called HUGO Spanish in 3 months or something like that
Let me know if you need any more help :smile:
Original post by coffee_bubbles
Yeah, it’s good to primarily just practise the verb forms and use them as much as possible
There’s a book which is pretty good with practise stuff, it’s called HUGO Spanish in 3 months or something like that
Let me know if you need any more help :smile:

yes. i googled the book and i will see if i can get the book some how.
But, thanks for your advice i will pm you for help like you said.
:smile:
Personally I use duolingo but that's only good (imo) for learning vocabulary. It doesn't really teach you tenses (unless you read the lesson descriptions, it gives you conjugation tables and stuff). But I suppose if I had to give you a tip I'd say try to think in Spanish a lot. If you're hungry and want some toast or something, try thinking it in Spanish. If you can't, note it down and when you can translate the word you didn't know. If you couldn't conjugate a verb correctly, keep a note of it and when possible, try doing an activity on a website like languagesonline.
Another tip is learning the important verb conjugations. As long as you know the verb conjugations and can conjugate off of the top of your head, the only thing stopping you from becoming fluent is learning words. You don't necessarily need to master every tense to be able to speak Spanish, try to learn the most used ones (present, future (the "Voy a comer algo" kind of future, not the "Comeré algo" one), preterite, imperfect, perfect, conditional) and that should be enough for GCSE. I'm not sure if you need the perfect tense for GCSE, but it's a nice one to learn if you can.
Good luck (:
Original post by AxSirlotl
Personally I use duolingo but that's only good (imo) for learning vocabulary. It doesn't really teach you tenses (unless you read the lesson descriptions, it gives you conjugation tables and stuff). But I suppose if I had to give you a tip I'd say try to think in Spanish a lot. If you're hungry and want some toast or something, try thinking it in Spanish. If you can't, note it down and when you can translate the word you didn't know. If you couldn't conjugate a verb correctly, keep a note of it and when possible, try doing an activity on a website like languagesonline.
Another tip is learning the important verb conjugations. As long as you know the verb conjugations and can conjugate off of the top of your head, the only thing stopping you from becoming fluent is learning words. You don't necessarily need to master every tense to be able to speak Spanish, try to learn the most used ones (present, future (the "Voy a comer algo" kind of future, not the "Comeré algo" one), preterite, imperfect, perfect, conditional) and that should be enough for GCSE. I'm not sure if you need the perfect tense for GCSE, but it's a nice one to learn if you can.
Good luck (:

i use duolingo aswell, only for the practice uses.
thankyou for your reply ,it was realy helpful!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending