The Student Room Group

Bengali girl with chill parents, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Perfection Ace
Oh okay, well I agree with all of those.

Would you say an agnostic who acknowledges the existence of a creator but yet does not worship the creator or exalt the creator, would they still qualify as a good person?

Yes because every religion has a different way of worshipping the creator and they just don’t know which way is correct.
Original post by browngal
Yes because every religion has a different way of worshipping the creator and they just don’t know which way is correct.

What’s your criteria for a religion being correct?
Reply 82
What’s your criteria for a religion being correct?

A correct religion is the one that is the one the creator himself wants people to follow
Do you have any ideas how a creator will let people know which religion is the correct religion?
Reply 84
Do you have any ideas how a creator will let people know which religion is the correct religion?

No I don’t unless a miracle happens and the creator comes down to earth
No I don’t unless a miracle happens and the creator comes down to earth

Aha alright. Is the ONLY miracle you are willing to accept is the creator coming down to Earth?
Reply 86
Aha alright. Is the ONLY miracle you are willing to accept is the creator coming down to Earth?

No I’m willing to accept anything just as ridiculous as long as there’s solid proof that a certain religion is correct
No I’m willing to accept anything just as ridiculous as long as there’s solid proof that a certain religion is correct

Oh okay, are you aware of any miracles that Islam proposes?
Reply 88
Oh okay, are you aware of any miracles that Islam proposes?

I have heard a few stories but to believe it I want proof that they are true. One more think I disagree with in Islam is that women should cover their bodies in order for men to control themselves.
I have heard a few stories but to believe it I want proof that they are true. One more think I disagree with in Islam is that women should cover their bodies in order for men to control themselves.

Okay, can I ask what are some of the ‘stories’ you’ve heard and also can I ask how much have you read regarding the position of women in Islam?
Reply 90
Okay, can I ask what are some of the ‘stories’ you’ve heard and also can I ask how much have you read regarding the position of women in Islam?

I’ve heard about Muhammad (pbuh) as Allahs messenger being the one delivering the message of the creator. I have only heard about the position of women and I am not questioning it but I am questioning why they have to cover themselves for men to control themselves.
I’ve heard about Muhammad (pbuh) as Allahs messenger being the one delivering the message of the creator. I have only heard about the position of women and I am not questioning it but I am questioning why they have to cover themselves for men to control themselves.

Okay. Just saying, it’s really nice to see you still respect the Messenger (pbuh) by remembering to say (pbuh) even though you are no longer Muslim.

Anyways, can I ask where did you get your information regarding ‘covering up for men to control themselves’? From my knowledge, it doesn’t mention this in the Quran or Sunnah. I’m really eager to know where you’ve got this from.

Irregardless, as we’ve established before, the creator must be more intelligent and knowledgeable than the creation. Surely the same principles apply when asking questions regarding hijab? If answers have not been disclosed by the creator then there must be wisdom behind it (hijab) that we are not as knowledgeable to grasp?
Reply 92
Okay. Just saying, it’s really nice to see you still respect the Messenger (pbuh) by remembering to say (pbuh) even though you are no longer Muslim.

Anyways, can I ask where did you get your information regarding ‘covering up for men to control themselves’? From my knowledge, it doesn’t mention this in the Quran or Sunnah. I’m really eager to know where you’ve got this from.

Irregardless, as we’ve established before, the creator must be more intelligent and knowledgeable than the creation. Surely the same principles apply when asking questions regarding hijab? If answers have not been disclosed by the creator then there must be wisdom behind it (hijab) that we are not as knowledgeable to grasp?

I found the information on multiple Islam websites when searching for an answer to why a hijab is required, and this is because I can not read in Arabic therefore I cannot understand the Quran myself. I do agree that if there is a creator there must be a reason to his rules. But as I said earlier there are multiple religions with different views and therefore we cannot know for sure if this is what the creator wanted women to wear.
What makes you interesting enough for me to actually divert my attention to you?

What's special about you?
Reply 94
Original post by Dhanny
What makes you interesting enough for me to actually divert my attention to you?

What's special about you?

The fact my parents are different from the majority of Bengali parents I see on TSR, so it’s interesting to know what people’s lives are like when they’re different to your own. And if you don’t find it interesting that’s okay too.
The fact my parents are different from the majority of Bengali parents I see on TSR, so it’s interesting to know what people’s lives are like when they’re different to your own. And if you don’t find it interesting that’s okay too.

Fair enough. Though to be fair, those are your parents achievements/interesting bits. Not yours.

Tell me about yourself.
Reply 96
Original post by Dhanny
Fair enough. Though to be fair, those are your parents achievements/interesting bits. Not yours.

Tell me about yourself.

Don’t really want to reveal too much about myself here but basically I’m doing a levels now and yeah that’s really it apart from what I’ve said about myself earlier.
Don’t really want to reveal too much about myself here but basically I’m doing a levels now and yeah that’s really it apart from what I’ve said about myself earlier.

That's fine. All I can say is good luck on your A levels. Work hard now and write your success story. These years of work will shape up your life in the future.
Good luck!
Reply 98
Original post by Dhanny
That's fine. All I can say is good luck on your A levels. Work hard now and write your success story. These years of work will shape up your life in the future.
Good luck!

Thank you!
Interesting

Doesn't work for all variables - which is why modular arithmetic shows high level thinking. Cambridge standard

Original post by IrrationalRoot
No need for modular arithmetic, 5555 is obviously divisible by 11, hence any power of it is too.

see above.

Quick Reply