The Student Room Group

Have a mate who goes out sober to pull drunk girls and its starting to worry me

Back at school he would always make up excuses to not drink at all or even pretend to drink at house parties yet he would often get with very drunk girls (ie. kissing) whilst completely sober, subsequently we used to jokingly call him the sober predator as at the time just kissing didn't really concern us.
However since he has been at uni he has slept with 12 girls he tells me and he said only 2 of them were sober at the time, when i asked if he was also drunk he said only a couple of times as "he only drinks one day a week for reasons of maintaining sports performance but still goes out sober and pulls" after which he laughed.
I find his attitude towards getting with drunk girls sober very concerning and I really feel like having a very serious word with him about it but really not sure how to go about it.
Any ideas on how to knock some reality of the dangers he's taking into him before he gets in serious sh*t through his actions?

Scroll to see replies

Tell him that if any of the girls he sleeps with feels strongly about it, he could be reported for rape. Being intoxicated means you cannot give consent.
Original post by Anonymous
Back at school he would always make up excuses to not drink at all or even pretend to drink at house parties yet he would often get with very drunk girls (ie. kissing) whilst completely sober, subsequently we used to jokingly call him the sober predator as at the time just kissing didn't really concern us.
However since he has been at uni he has slept with 12 girls he tells me and he said only 2 of them were sober at the time, when i asked if he was also drunk he said only a couple of times as "he only drinks one day a week for reasons of maintaining sports performance but still goes out sober and pulls" after which he laughed.
I find his attitude towards getting with drunk girls sober very concerning and I really feel like having a very serious word with him about it but really not sure how to go about it.
Any ideas on how to knock some reality of the dangers he's taking into him before he gets in serious sh*t through his actions?

How many STIs contracted?
Reply 3
They obviously consent so why worry.

Even drunk girls need some lovin' :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
They obviously consent so why worry.

Even drunk girls need some lovin' :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, they're not consenting.
Reply 5
Original post by mapachette

You are present? How do you know the amount they've consumed? That they don't say '**** me?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
You are present? How do you know the amount they've consumed? That they don't say '**** me?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

If theyre drunk they cant consent no matter what they say
It depends if he’s actively pursuing drunk girls to take advantage of their vulnerable state, or whether he’s just one of the lucky ones who can enjoy a night out sober?
It could just be that he’s good at pulling, and a lot of girls in that environment are drunk to some degree. So by chance the girls he ends up with are drunk?
Unless, it’s always the girls who are completely out of it, in which case alarm bells do ring.

You always get those seedy boys in clubs who hover around the girls who behave the most dunk. I recall recently on a night out, I crouched down to redo the straps on my heels, and this guy thought I fell down because I was drunk, and grabbed my shoulder to “support” me, and fussed over me. He was probably thinking I was easy because I was drunk. It really bugged me, the false look of sincerity on his face. If I saw a boy who I believe was intoxicated, I’d find it a turn off.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mapachette

By law, being drunk does not automatically mean your are unable to give consent. The law states that the person "agrees by choice… and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice". The degree to which a person is drunk is everything, and if the case were to go to court then it may be that the case relies on witnesses to determine how drunk a potential victim of rape really was. Unless a person is so drunk that they're incoherent, they are still able to make choices to an acceptable degree and have the freedom and capacity to do so. If they're so drunk that they're literally having to be carried to the taxi or whatever and can't walk to an acceptable standard, then you'd assume that they're in no fit state to consent.
(edited 6 years ago)
Sorry but unless he's forcefully brought them back to his and 50 shades of greyed them he's hasn't exactly done anything wrong
I do a similar thing to him myself, which is to go for girls who are drunk while i myself do not get drunk and i know that girls could make false rape accusations so i just record the sex with a secret camera in my room so she cannot claim rape.
Unless he's kidnapping them it's not really a big deal lol. If they don't want to shag him they can go home with their friends or say 'I'm not having sex with you', report him to one of the bouncers, etc. You're not retarded when you're drunk. Unless you've blacked out.
I always find it annoying when people get presumptuous about you when they think you're drunk.

I'm not really into drunk girls though. My ex was a mega alcoholic and was kind of a crazy ***** when she was drunk lmao.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by slider2000
I do a similar thing to him myself, which is to go for girls who are drunk while i myself do not get drunk and i know that girls could make false rape accusations so i just record the sex with a secret camera in my room so she cannot claim rape.

Made me chuckle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Made me chuckle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are right, you CANNOT consent when under the influence of alcohol therefore it constitutes as rape
Reply 15
Original post by CaitlinM1
They are right, you CANNOT consent when under the influence of alcohol therefore it constitutes as rape

By that logic the majority of the population have been 'raped'.
Original post by CaitlinM1

Not strictly true though is it?

Anyway it's funny how everyone is responsible for their own actions when intoxicted yet when it comes to sex it's different.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
Not strictly true though is it?

Anyway it's funny how everyone is responsible for their own actions when intoxicted yet when it comes to sex it's different.

A woman couldn't rob a bank when drunk, or shoot a person in the head when drunk and pull a "I was intoxicated so not responsible for my actions"

So I don't know why they expect if they consensually have sex with a guy when they are drunk [self induced drunkenness] to suddenly be able to claim rape if she wakes up in the morning and decides she regrets it....

Is every guy supposed to walk around with a breathalyzer in his back pocket so he can access your drunkenness?

I'm sorry ladies the law doesn't quite work like that...

If you have sex with a guy, consent to it and are drunk it is not rape in the eye's of the law.

If it were, our jails would actually be overflowing by now
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by slider2000

Did one of them already claim rape?
Original post by edd522
Did one of them already claim rape?

Nope none of them have claimed rape before, but i'd rather be safe then sorry because i know of guys who have been accused of rape and in this feminist age so many women are making false rape accusations to get money. So if a gold digging hoe thinks she can make false rape accusations against me then she will be bitterly dissapointed when i show the video.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending