The Student Room Group

Help me please !!!!!!!

Does anyone have any GCSE english language resources (Perferably textbooks) that you could send me or send pictures of.

My exam board is aqa but anything is helpfull.

I would appreciate it if you could help me and others out please.

Thanks
Caymen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don'd have any textbooks, but I find youtube videos, eg mrbruff pretty useful.

He talks about the papers by question.
Reply 2
Original post by app_
I don'd have any textbooks, but I find youtube videos, eg mrbruff pretty useful.

He talks about the papers by question.

Thanks

Do u have any resources that u can share with me don't worry if u don't

thanks
Caymen
Reply 3
Not for English Language, i just made notes from his videos
Reply 4
Original post by app_
Not for English Language, i just made notes from his videos

do u have any tips on how I could organise my revision folder please or any other general revision tips
Reply 5
I'm not sure i can help with that,i just have a bunch of notes that i reread before the exam! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by app_
I'm not sure i can help with that,i just have a bunch of notes that i reread before the exam! :biggrin:

how she'll I organise my English folders
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Lol what?
Reply 8
Original post by app_
Lol what?

Reply 9
Original post by caymen

i'd reccommend organising it in terms of exams
Reply 10
Original post by app_
i'd reccommend organising it in terms of exams

then by question or not
Reply 11
yes, make it by question but file it all under each exam. eg paper 1,2 ect
Reply 12
Original post by app_
yes, make it by question but file it all under each exam. eg paper 1,2 ect

Thanks Do u have any other tips u could share with me please
Make sure you know how to answer each question for both papers and also practice your timings
Reply 14
Original post by es017
Make sure you know how to answer each question for both papers and also practice your timings

can u suggest some timings for each paper and question please also take into account I get 25 percent extra time
Original post by caymen
can u suggest some timings for each paper and question please also take into account I get 25 percent extra time

Does having extra time mean that you have 131.25 min instead of 105 minutes for both paper 1 and 2?
Reply 16
Original post by es017
Does having extra time mean that you have 131.25 min instead of 105 minutes for both paper 1 and 2?

yes it does can u work out timings for each question of each paper for me including reading time please
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by caymen
yes it does can u work out timings for each question of each paper for me including reading time please

Here's paper 1)

Paper 1)
Q1) 4 marks - 5/6 min
Finding facts from the text about something/ someone

Q2) 8 marks + reading and highlighting 12min

Q3) 8 marks 12 min

Q4) 20 marks - 25/30min

Q5) 40 marks (creative writing - writing a story using either a picture or a prompt) 50 min

Reading and highlighting the sources - 15 min

+ 5 minutes extra in case something goes wrong or you need to read over/ redo parts of your answers

Id recommend starting by reading the sources, then doing question 5. After you've done question 5 then start with questions 1 - 4. I found that reading the sources first gave me ideas for the creative writing bit
Original post by es017
Here's paper 1)

Paper 1)
Q1) 4 marks - 5/6 min

Q3) 8 marks 12 min

Q4) 20 marks - 25/30min

Q5) 40 marks (creative writing - writing a story using either a picture or a prompt) 50 min

+ 5 minutes extra in case something goes wrong or you need to read over/ redo parts of your answers

Id recommend starting by reading the sources, then doing question 5. After you've done question 5 then start with questions 1 - 4. I found that reading the sources first gave me ideas for the creative writing bit

Paper 2)
Q1) 4 marks - 5/6min
shading boxes but can have tricks so you might need to spend extra time checking

Q2) 8 marks - Looking at both sources. 11 min

Q3) 12 marks 18min

Q4) 16 marks 25 min

Q5) 40 marks (writing to persuade) 50min

Reading and highlighting the sources - 15min

This should leave you with 5 minutes extra so you can use it for checking and stuff. Again, like paper 1 I recommend doing question 5 first and then questions 1 - 4
Reply 19
Original post by es017
Here's paper 1)

Paper 1)
Q1) 4 marks - 5/6 min

Q3) 8 marks 12 min

Q4) 20 marks - 25/30min

Thanks for this she'll I do the same for paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest