The Student Room Group

Hypothermia

Hey guys im new to this forum so hope this works!:h:

I am doing a VIVA oral exam for about 25-30 mins. The topic I have chosen is Normothermia.

And I'm slightly confused here...:confused:

I came across the different types of hypothermia:
1) Inadvertent Hypothermia:s-smilie:
2) Therapeutic Hypothermia:cool:
3) Induced Hypothermia:wink:
4) Accidental Hypothermia:frown:

Out of the 4 above I'm assuming Therapeutic and Induced are practically the same. Accidental is when it is unexpected e.g. after trauma, but Inadvertent is where I'm a little off about. Is this similar to Therapeutic? Or is this another deviation on its own?

Thanks guys.:awesome:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Reply 2
Original post by MisbahBCU

I am doing a VIVA oral exam for about 25-30 mins. The topic I have chosen is Normothermia.

Out of the 4 above I'm assuming Therapeutic and Induced are practically the same. Accidental is when it is unexpected e.g. after trauma, but Inadvertent is where I'm a little off about. Is this similar to Therapeutic? Or is this another deviation on its own?

Are you talking about physiological effects of hypos/causes/managements of/outcomes?
Original post by MisbahBCU

These seem like fairly arbitrary categories. Not something I've ever come across before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending