The Student Room Group
Have you tried mind maps?
Reply 2
Hey!

For Politics A-Level I did a couple things that I found really worked. Using the specification is key so I made mind-map posters for each unit with a lot of colour and diagrams to make it easier to remember. I then did flashcards mainly for statistics and theories/important information that I would need to remember. In Politics one of the most important things is having up to date statistics and examples and generally being aware of whats going on, as even though old examples are better than nothing, up to date ones really help with giving you more marks and making stronger arguments. Lastly, two of my friends and I planned every single past question and textbook question we could find (with recent examples in a PEE structure) and put it in one big document for each unit which was so helpful as it practices exam technique, knowing what each question needs, but is also a good way of being aware of content and finding the stats/exampled helped keep up to date. With politics, there is really only so much they can ask so doing this was really helpful. I also used these for revision by having a whiteboard and then reading the question and writing on it the points I would make and an example for each and then comparing it to the mark scheme. You can then see where the gaps in your knowledge are and it helped a lot with confidence leading up to the exam :smile:

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Thanks so much this has definitely helped me, although I am on the new specification for politics (currently in year 12)

Original post by Jamii
Hey!

For Politics A-Level I did a couple things that I found really worked. Using the specification is key so I made mind-map posters for each unit with a lot of colour and diagrams to make it easier to remember. I then did flashcards mainly for statistics and theories/important information that I would need to remember. In Politics one of the most important things is having up to date statistics and examples and generally being aware of whats going on, as even though old examples are better than nothing, up to date ones really help with giving you more marks and making stronger arguments. Lastly, two of my friends and I planned every single past question and textbook question we could find (with recent examples in a PEE structure) and put it in one big document for each unit which was so helpful as it practices exam technique, knowing what each question needs, but is also a good way of being aware of content and finding the stats/exampled helped keep up to date. With politics, there is really only so much they can ask so doing this was really helpful. I also used these for revision by having a whiteboard and then reading the question and writing on it the points I would make and an example for each and then comparing it to the mark scheme. You can then see where the gaps in your knowledge are and it helped a lot with confidence leading up to the exam :smile:

Reply 4
Original post by Jamii
Hey!

Could you send us that document? Would be a massive help.

Thanks.
Hi there,I am trying to revise for Politics A level for the upcoming year (I am going into year 13) and would be extremely grateful if you could send any politics essay plans you may have!Thanks so much,Zack
I’m with politics AQA, anyone on the same boat???? New spec
Original post by rosienevy
it kills me inside

You doing it too?
Reply 8
Me three!! I'm doing AQA aswell new exam, there's so much to revise lol
Reply 9
None of my teachers know how to answer the source questions so I'm just revising all the facts, watching the news, anything under the sun
seriously confused on how to get an A in this subject
Reply 11
Original post by chieula2301
seriously confused on how to get an A in this

I think the structure gets marks, I need an A too 😂
Original post by Mouseyx
I think the structure gets marks, I need an A too 😂

we can be study mate hahaha
I know this is kind of late for me to ask, but I'm a beginner in politics currently studying A levels in year 12, and I am still struggling on revision, would you mind helping me with specific details I should ass on mind maps, and how I should structure it? so far the topics I have learnt are democracy and political parties.
Hey! I know this is about 3 years later aha but I'm in year 13 at the moment and am struggling immensely on politics especially with exam questions. My teacher always mentions about how for a 30 marker we should do an intro, 3 main body paras and a conclusion. When we do an example with her she always knows what her 3 paras are going to be about (ofc bcuz shes a teacher) but do you know how I could possibly think of what to write about? Or how to even do essay plans? I find that i'm going to fail my a levels if I don't try my best now. Also do still have the document? Thank you in advance I know it's a lot to ask for aha! Xxx
Original post by Jamii
Hey!

Hey! I know this is about 3 years later aha but I'm in year 13 at the moment and am struggling immensely on politics especially with exam questions. My teacher always mentions about how for a 30 marker we should do an intro, 3 main body paras and a conclusion. When we do an example with her she always knows what her 3 paras are going to be about (ofc bcuz shes a teacher) but do you know how I could possibly think of what to write about? Or how to even do essay plans? I find that i'm going to fail my a levels if I don't try my best now. Also do still have the document? Thank you in advance I know it's a lot to ask for aha! Xxx
Original post by afnann02

Would also love to have the doc as well!!
Hey if anyone needs essay plans I have a loads for US and UK poltics from when I sat my exams in October. pm me if you would need any :smile:
Original post by mcvinod22
Hey if anyone needs essay plans I have a loads for US and UK poltics from when I sat my exams in October. pm me if you would need any :smile:

Yes please!!

Latest