The Student Room Group

How to revise History and R.E

Hi, im doing History and R.E for my gcse's but i don't really know how to revise for them! How do you revise and whats your best tip?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mindmaps
Reply 2
Original post by Hanaf
Hi, im doing History and R.E for my gcse's but i don't really know how to revise for them! How do you revise and whats your best tip?

Have u got wat tips on how to revise gcse english language please
Reply 3
Original post by caymen
Have u got wat tips on how to revise gcse english language please

For my mocks i just went through exam techniques/ what each question will be like and i went over the PEEL/PEA method of writing a paragraph.
Also for the writing section, copy/have a similar structure to the text they've already given and also from the given text choose 5 'good'/'stand out words' and use them in your writing.Hope that helps and be sure to get back to me if u need any more help!:u:
Reply 4
Original post by Hanaf
For my mocks i just went through exam techniques/ what each question will be like and i went over the PEEL/PEA method of writing a paragraph.
Also for the writing section, copy/have a similar structure to the text they've already given and also from the given text choose 5 'good'/'stand out words' and use them in your writing.Hope that helps and be sure to get back to me if u need any more help!:u:

do u have any gcse english language resources that you don't mind sharing with me and do u have any other revision tips or organisational tips for organising my revision folder for English please
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by caymen
do u have any gcse english language resources that you don't mind sharing with me and do u have any other revision tips or organisational tips for organising my revision folder for English please

yess i have a book 'the snap revision reading/for english language' by collins which is ok. But my teacher actually made a revision booklet for English Language which is really good, and i'll try sending u the link for it- just keep reminding me:angelblush:
As for your English rev folder, i only have 1 for English Lit that has a section for each of the novels and another folder for poems.
What gcses r u doing and what exam board r they?
Reply 6
Original post by Hanaf

Hi, there. I didn't study RE for my GCSEs but I did History. With History, do you struggle with understanding the content or do you genuinely struggle with exam techniques and nailing the questions?
Reply 7
Original post by Hanaf
yess i have a book 'the snap revision reading/for english language' by collins which is ok. But my teacher actually made a revision booklet for English Language which is really good, and i'll try sending u the link for it- just keep reminding me:angelblush:
As for your English rev folder, i only have 1 for English Lit that has a section for each of the novels and another folder for poems.

I'm in college doing Gcse IT and English.

can't wait to see the booklet your teacher has made and what subjects are u doing as I may be able to send u some stuff.

thanks
Caymen
Reply 8
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hi, there. I didn't study RE for my GCSEs but I did History. With History, do you struggle with understanding the content or do you genuinely struggle with exam techniques and nailing the questions?

do u have any tips for English
definitely mind-map posters for history- my walls are covered in them! they really help with cause/consequence. past papers are great for any subject, too.

20171231_215547.jpg
Reply 10
Original post by caymen
I'm in college doing Gcse IT and English.

can't wait to see the booklet your teacher has made and what subjects are u doing as I may be able to send u some stuff.

thanks
Caymen

i'm doing:- maths,double sci,eng lit,eng lang,arabic,urdu,r.e,history and citizenship
Reply 11
Original post by honeyofcourse
definitely mind-map posters for history- my walls are covered in them! they really help with cause/consequence. past papers are great for any subject, too.

20171231_215547.jpg

omg your wall looks sikkk, lol, what r u studying for history
Reply 12
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics

i understand the content but a) i just don't knw how to learn it all and b)i also struggle with exam technique
Reply 13
Original post by Hanaf

just a reminder you said u would share with me the gcse english language guide your teacher made
Reply 14
Original post by caymen
just a reminder you said u would share with me the gcse english language guide your teacher made

ahaha yess, i remember but i havnt gone back to school yet but i will be doing so on Wednesday so ill ask her to send me the link for it then.But plz continue to remind me incase i forget!
Reply 15
Original post by Hanaf
ahaha yess, i remember but i havnt gone back to school yet but i will be doing so on Wednesday so ill ask her to send me the link for it then.But plz continue to remind me incase i forget!

do u need any help with revision or help planning for revision for the subjects u take
Reply 16
Original post by Hanaf

What subjects do u take as may have some resources I can send u in return
Reply 17
Original post by caymen
What subjects do u take as may have some resources I can send u in return

i'm taking these subjects for gcse:-maths,double sci,eng lit,eng lang,arabic,urdu,r.e,history and citizenship
Reply 18
Original post by caymen
do u need any help with revision or help planning for revision for the subjects u take

yes i need a bit of help with revision
Reply 19
Original post by Hanaf
i'm taking these subjects for gcse:-maths,double sci,eng lit,eng lang,arabic,urdu,r.e,history and citizenship

do u need any revision resources and do u have a revision timetable made as I can make u one of u want

Quick Reply

Latest